Oh boy. I’ve gotten so distracted by life, I’ve neglected my baby. Right under 175k on the odometer, and the clutch has officially started slipping. I guess she’s saying “enough is enough”. I guess it’s a fair-warning pre-empting a divorce.

I’ve been meaning to do this for over a year, but life has gotten in the way.

Here’s my asking about a hitch:
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...tch-on-the-ZHP

My plan: My rear suspension is pretty much shot. The Bushings, Struts, something’s not right back there. I was intent on doing all of it. I’ve had the parts for about 2 years now. While I’m in there, I was also going to remove the transmission and replace the clutch. It wasn’t slipping, but >150k on the original, it just feels like it’s time. Finally I want a hitch. It’s stupid to not have a hitch, and I can’t help but think that these cars would make excellent tow cars. Torque, manual transmission, RWD, awesome.

Should I wait for Schmiedmann to have their black friday sale? Maybe.

What about the clutch. I want OEM. No upgrades, not performance enhancements, not unless there’s something very clearly awesome that maintains the OEM genius of BMW.
I’m throwing this out here now. I might wait until BF/Cyber Monday to get the hitch and actually get to work on everything, or I might do the clutch separately, since I doubt having the rear out will make it significantly easier, and it’s a time-crunch item.

Blah. This is all at a bad time, but I only have myself to blame. I’ve been putting it off.