Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2005 ZHP 330ci convertible Headlight lens Replacement: Where to purchase?

I have a 2005 BMW ZHP 330ci convertible that needs the headlight lenses replaced. Will LCI replacements work?

See this link:

https://www.bimmerjakes.com/en/headl...eft_right-pair

Note: BimmerJakes states that they hope to have LCIs in stock next year.

I also find several Ebay products from China but they also state for Halogen such as:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15460900482...53.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22467390525...53.m1438.l2649

FCP Euro states that according to realoem.com, the headlight assembly is part numbers are #63126935725 and 26. A OEM headlight assembly is over $1,000.

Where can I purchase headlight lenses? It appears to me that they simply snap off upon visual inspection.

They are glued on. You have to bake the headlight in the oven to melt the adhesive and then pull off the lens.
    I would consider replacing mine too if I could find a decent value product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

[QUOTE=papa_g;611330]They are glued on. You have to bake the headlight in the oven to melt the adhesive and then pull off the lens.
    I would consider replacing mine too if I could find a decent value product.

I was hoping the oven method would not be required. I've seen some say 200 degrees F and another said 250 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes. What temperature is appropriate.

I am seeking other ZHPMafia members input on alternatives and whether any of the Ebay alternatives stating LCI or halogen fit properly.

What I've read is that Bimmerjake's is the best solution, but they have not had the lenses for several years. No feedback on eBay lenses.
    Schmiedmann has coupe/vert lenses but I believe they only fit pre-facelift:
    https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-E...adlight%20lens
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I just bought a used headlight for real cheap - the lense was super pitted and yellowed. Sanded all of that down and shot it with 2K clear-coat in a can, and they look brand-new again.

Unless you have a crack in your lense that warrants a replacement, I'd do the same
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

John in VA:

I contacted Bimmerjake's. They stated lens may be available next year. I just sent another inquiry for a full headlight assembly. Awaiting a reply.

Also, I've contacted Umnitza, Retrofitlab, and eeuroparts for product availability and proper fitment.

I just had a Chat discussion with Carid.com to determine if they have proper products. As a result of two different representatives providing two slightly different products (Magneti Marelli) and the lack of BMW part #s for cross-referencing, I have eliminated them as a source. No confidence in their fitment process.

Also, Spyder replacement products are not offered for Xenons.

John, just sent an email to Shmiedmann.com. It appears that they do offer facelift headlight assemblies.
    Last edited by Satcho; 11-13-2021 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    I just bought a used headlight for real cheap - the lense was super pitted and yellowed. Sanded all of that down and shot it with 2K clear-coat in a can, and they look brand-new again.

Unless you have a crack in your lense that warrants a replacement, I'd do the same
    I started a re-finish process but errored by letting the polisher remain on a stubborn mark too long ... discolored the plastic ... too hot. I was so close to fully removing the mark but did not realize the heat issue. Therefore I need to replace the passenger. The re-finished driver-side lens is improved but not great. I am willing to bite the bullet and replace. Just want plug and play. FCP Euro has OEM replacements but they are over $1,000 for each.

Magneti Marelli is the OEM provider. I plan to buy a set to fix my burnt bowls issue. I read there’s a fitment problem on sedans (cars with headlamp washers vs without). Luckily my sedan doesn’t have the washers so it should be a direct fit.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Satcho View Post

I was hoping the oven method would not be required. I've seen some say 200 degrees F and another said 250 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes. What temperature is appropriate.
    200 is fine for like 10 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

I am probably going to just replace the entire assembly.

Umnitza has a product for my 2005 ZHP convertible. The price will be $539.98 for bi-xenons for a pair. If angel eyes are added another $50 to $280 depending on whether one selects halogen or Orion V2 or V4 or Orion multicolor.
    https://www.umnitza.com/projector46-...-or-black.html

Will update with other options. i have made several inquires to clarify proper fitment to my vehicle. eEuroparts lists a Magenti Marelli but the part number does not match my vehicle's part number provided by FCP Euro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast