Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Ducktail csl spoiler

I've been wanting a csl trunk for my zhp coupe but I'm not really willing to spend that kind of cash for them when it looks like most of the time is like hit or miss fitment wise so I'm thinking about buying a csl style spoiler/ducktail and a used trunk, incorporate the spoiler to make a one piece setup. I'm very good with body work so I'm not afraid about the job but I want to know what is the best looking spoiler that's as similar as possible to a scl trunk spoiler look.

Thanks.
    2002 325i black auto
    2005 330ci ZHP Alpine White auto
    2011 e92 M3 Alpine White 6 speed

I feel like the SGT scorza one was the best fitting one of the bunch. unless you had vorsteiner. can always buy them used I guess. Not sure about the ducktail. The ones that I've seen, the angle of them were a lot different than the CSL trunk

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I feel like the SGT scorza one was the best fitting one of the bunch. unless you had vorsteiner. can always buy them used I guess. Not sure about the ducktail. The ones that I've seen, the angle of them were a lot different than the CSL trunk
    I have to agree with Hieu. Your best bet to get the right looking/fitment CSL bootlid is to purchase an SGT Scorza bootlid. Don't waste your time trying to fit a ducktail lip to your OE trunk... they look cheap and don't provide a clean look in my opinion. They scream "cheaping out" to me...

The OEM CSL bootlid has gone way up on pricing and are at $2791 + shipping.... you can pick up a brand new SGT Scorza CSL bootlid for coupe for around $1070 +shipping which is about what I paid for the one I have on my ZHP (for sedan in my case) and the fitment was spot on. I had no issue installing mine on the first try which was surprising to me.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-status-g...tfrpk~/?pdk=AQ

Bottom line, it's your car and you're going to do what you feel is best for you. My opinion, avoid getting that ducktail addon as it will look cheap when installed. Good luck....

I wish the coupe was cheaper but its over $1600 shipped for a coupe.i agree with you guys, I was looking at status gruppe before but it is way more than I would be willing to spend on a trunk and that is why I was looking for alternatives. My idea is to get a used trunk at the junk yard, but the closest looking spoiler and molded to the trunk so it looks like the oem, thats why I was asking.
    2002 325i black auto

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    I wish the coupe was cheaper but its over $1600 shipped for a coupe.i agree with you guys, I was looking at status gruppe before but it is way more than I would be willing to spend on a trunk and that is why I was looking for alternatives. My idea is to get a used trunk at the junk yard, but the closest looking spoiler and molded to the trunk so it looks like the oem, thats why I was asking.
    If you're not willing to spend the cash to have a brand new SGT CSL bootlid then wait it out to find and buy a used one for cheaper rather than waste money buying a used OEM trunk and put a ducktail lip on it. Save the money towards a CSL bootlid instead. You will be glad you did

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

I've been looking for one but no luck, the ones I have been able to find were for sedands and they were also cheapo brands. This was on the marketplace and willing to drive some to pick up. I guess I just got tired of looking for one, and started contemplating this idea. If I can find for a good price i would definitely buy one.
    2002 325i black auto

Damn why the hell is shipping like $600? I swear I could go pick it up from them and then ship it to you for less lol I mean I shipped out an entire exhaust system from headers to muffler for $300 so wtf

I would look on E46fanatics. That's where I usually see CSL trunk sales.

Well, I will be selling my Vorsteiner one eventually. I'm waiting on Mile End to make their CF CSL trunk. Then I'm going to swap it out lol I guess it comes with the perk that it's already painted AW, although it has some small nicks on it that was my bodyshop's fault from 2 years storage. I didn't bother repainting because I know I'm getting a new trunk lol

I also have a defective Streamline CF trunk that sounds like it would be perfect for your project. But I'm going to try to install it on a friend's car because he has way less fitment expectations than I do. But if that doesn't work out. Maybe I'll hit you up about it. When I'm going to get to installing it? iono. I've been way too busy lately.

Damn why the hell is shipping like $600? I swear I could go pick it up from them and then ship it to you for less lol I mean I shipped out an entire exhaust system from headers to muffler for $300 so wtf

Well, I will be selling my Vorsteiner one eventually. I'm waiting on Mile End to make their CF CSL trunk. Then I'm going to swap it out lol I guess it comes with the perk that it's already painted AW, although it has some small nicks on it that was my bodyshop's fault from 2 years storage. I didn't bother repainting because I know I'm getting a new trunk lol

I also have a defective Streamline CF trunk that sounds like it would be perfect for your project. But I'm going to try to install it on a friend's car because he has way less fitment expectations than I do. But if that doesn't work out. Maybe I'll hit you up about it. When I'm going to get to installing it? iono. I've been way too busy lately.
    Please let me know for either of them, I posted on e46 fanatics yesterday a wtb just in case I can find something but please keep my info when you have one of them available.

Thanks.
    2002 325i black auto

Do you know if mile end is going to make a sedan CF trunk? I DM'ed them but didn't hear back from them

Quote Originally Posted by BH93 View Post
    Do you know if mile end is going to make a sedan CF trunk? I DM'ed them but didn't hear back from them
    I don't think so. The guy is like MIA. The last thing I got from them was that they are working on the trunk, but that was like 3 months ago. It doesn't look like their site is up anymore so iono. I'm not in any hurry though.