Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need someone in Ohio area to check out a ZHP if possible

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Hey,

There is currently a 2003 330i ZHP black on alcantara 6 speed, going for 9k in the Ohio area. It’s listed on FB marketplace and the seller isn’t going to do a PPI without me coming to him first (I’m from NYC) and has no maintenance records. Claims he got it from a friend about 7 months ago.

Anyone willing to check it out that’s in the area?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...er_banner&_rdr

It’s only got 137k miles so for 9k it could be a steal depending how it is mechanically. Could also be a money pit since I have no maintenance records to go off.

Let me know if anyone’s interested in checking it out.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car looks good. I assume the seller doesnt want to take the car to a shop for the PPI ? Maybe you can find a mobile mechanic if thats the case.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Car looks good. I assume the seller doesnt want to take the car to a shop for the PPI ? Maybe you can find a mobile mechanic if thats the case.
    Thanks! Didn’t even know mobile mechanic was a thing I’ll have to check it out. And yeah it looks good from the pics but who knows if those are even recent pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have facebook so the link doesn't work for me, where is the car located in Ohio?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I don't have facebook so the link doesn't work for me, where is the car located in Ohio?
    Liberty, OH
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Sold: '03 ZHP

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

Assume he gave you the VIN and you ran a CarFax? Some of us you this link to get Carfax's for about $5 each:

https://www.autovhr.com/deal/

I've done many CarFax's without issue with this site

It will at least give you some of the repair history (or accidents). And have you asked for more pictures? From experience, pictures of a black on black car that were taken in the dark can hide everything........ Believe me, all 3 of my BMW's have been black. I admit, those night shots do look good though....

Good luck!

and +1 on Fredo's comment - get a mobile PPI
    Pete

It has a dealer plate on it. He probably got it from auction.
    If the seller isn’t working with you just look for another (I know they’re hard to find, but who knows what wrong with it without inspecting it).
    2003 330i ZHP; Imola/Alcantara 6 speed, 2002 330xi ZSP; Blue gray/Black 5 speed

Liberty appears to be just west of Dayton, OH. thats a little too far away (a little over an hour) for me to go inspect a vehicle, especially this time of year with my work schedule being insane and the holidays coming up.

I agree with the above though, if the guy is unwilling to accommodate your requests, move along. A seller wanting to make a sale will do anything within reason to accommodate that. A PPI doesn't seem outside of reasonable at all, or at least for him to take various pictures of things you request to prove condition.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I sold my 335 to a guy in Wisconsin some years ago. He asked for a PPI, this is how it was done:

Buyer found 2 different shops. We agreed on one.
    He coordinated with shop and set an appt
    I took the car to shop and waited for it, prob 1.5 hours
    Buyer paid the shop directly with credit card
    Shop emailed report to buyer

That was it. Yes, it took a couple of hours of my time but that was ok with me.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by TrKy3 View Post
    It has a dealer plate on it. He probably got it from auction..
    Good point about the plate. Red flags are going up.......

Although some states are different, in my experience, that would mean he is a dealer!

Those plates are generally only issued for cars to be driven at or by a dealership, or for the dealers employees (sales people) to drive

I've bought many cars at dealer auctions in my life. We brought our own dealer plates to drive them home from the auctions
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast