Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Power steering pump nightmare/ need help

Power steering pump failed and went to go check FCP for one and the only only one available is a bmw genuine LF-20 for over $400. I didn’t think it made sense to get an LF-20 when I can upgrade to a 30. So I called ecs and a Meyle LF-30 doesn’t ship till expected March which was confirmed in the phone. So I found an equivalent on ecs for $270 which I felt is still a bit pricey. Do I need to upgrade the lines to compensate for the LF-30 as soon as I switch or can I get away with the oem for a little. For a upgrade service kit and the pump together from ecs comes out to 573.21 I can add my cart if anyone wants to see. Need help getting my car back asap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmw genuine pump part number 32416760034 is $406.11 prior to shipping from the bmw mini parts store.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Bmw genuine pump part number 32416760034 is $406.11 prior to shipping from the bmw mini parts store.

Correct me if I’m wrong but is that not kind of expensive for the pump? Are there other alternatives that are just as worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Este330 View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but is that not kind of expensive for the pump? Are there other alternatives that are just as worth it?

It is on the high side but LUK who manufactures the pump for bmw either stopped producing them or they are on back order.

You might be able to find old new stock on eBay and same some money that way.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

You're going to want to get an LF-30 WITH the brackets. The brackets are different and when you go to order the LF-30, it will not come with it. Don't ask me how I know LOL

What I did is bought a used LF-30 off ebay with the brackets just to take the brackets lol. I do have a used LF-30 with brand new seals if you're interested. You do need the hose. The fitting at the end that goes into the LF-30 is different. It'll fit, but will leak. Again, don't ask me how I know lol

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    You're going to want to get an LF-30 WITH the brackets. The brackets are different and when you go to order the LF-30, it will not come with it. Don't ask me how I know LOL

What I did is bought a used LF-30 off ebay with the brackets just to take the brackets lol. I do have a used LF-30 with brand new seals if you're interested. You do need the hose. The fitting at the end that goes into the LF-30 is different. It'll fit, but will leak. Again, don't ask me how I know lol
    I bought one from autozone in a rush to get the car running again, but haven’t installed yet. It’s a LF-20 bc I couldn’t find a LF-30 soon enough . I’ll PM about the pump