Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Let's write down our initial mileage in 2022. Guess how many miles you will drive this year and compare with the real number when 2022 is over.

2005 ZHP: 153,075 miles. Guess 2,000
    2011 X3: 140,251 miles. Guess 25,000
    2012 335: 95,953 miles. Guess 5,000
    Final numbers for 2022:

2005 ZHP 154,940 miles. Total = 1,865 miles (diff is -135 miles)
    2011 X3 158,855 miles. Total = 18,604 (diff is -6,396 miles)
    2012 335i 102,164 miles. Total = 6,211 (diff is +1,211 miles)
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

drove more than 10k after spending 1000's in maintenance.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    There is a lot of rust, which can be repaired, but it will cost me a fortune. Two years ago front right jack point collapsed. Both rear arches are bad. There are rust bubble spots on both A pillars. There are other rust bubble spots on the body. All 4 doors and rear hatch are badly rusted. Doors can be replaced though.
    I am settled on full S54 touring, minus body work, for sure. That is why I bought that rusty M3. It has been registered and insured in 2022. Last week, I canceled the registration and planning to start taking M3 apart.
    Pizza men saw it in person. I think he said something funny about me collecting rust. Which is kind of true. Botond actually drove it for a bit.
    I really need to start a thread about this one.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It's always exciting to hear about updates on the Touring, and I'm glad to know you're still driving and enjoying it. The original build thread was a huge inspiration to me and one of the reasons why I got my own red RWD touring a few years ago to convert to a ZHP. If you've got more info on its current state and the S54 swap you should definitely start a new thread.

Bummer that the rust has continued to grow, but it doesn't sound unfixable at this point. It's a truly rare and special car as I'm sure you are aware. Basically 1 of 1 spec once you start digging down into the nitty gritty of the options.

On E46 Fanatics we've been working on a spreadsheet to figure out all the North American touring production numbers, and do a complete option breakdown of every car.

Total production was around 20,500 cars, and VIN code EZ15XXX is for the facelift (2002-2005) tourings w/ RWD and manual transmission. This was the first group we've run through mdecoder to capture all the option content. There were only 738 cars of this spec built of the 754 shown in that range of VINs.

Breaking down that range even further in the spreadsheet, EZ15717 was one of only 10 built with gloss shadowline trim, and the only one of those that was Japanrot.

Quote Originally Posted by ///Mark_D View Post
    It's always exciting to hear about updates on the Touring, and I'm glad to know you're still driving and enjoying it. The original build thread was a huge inspiration to me and one of the reasons why I got my own red RWD touring a few years ago to convert to a ZHP. If you've got more info on its current state and the S54 swap you should definitely start a new thread.

Bummer that the rust has continued to grow, but it doesn't sound unfixable at this point. It's a truly rare and special car as I'm sure you are aware. Basically 1 of 1 spec once you start digging down into the nitty gritty of the options.

On E46 Fanatics we've been working on a spreadsheet to figure out all the North American touring production numbers, and do a complete option breakdown of every car.

Total production was around 20,500 cars, and VIN code EZ15XXX is for the facelift (2002-2005) tourings w/ RWD and manual transmission. This was the first group we've run through mdecoder to capture all the option content. There were only 738 cars of this spec built of the 754 shown in that range of VINs.

Breaking down that range even further in the spreadsheet, EZ15717 was one of only 10 built with gloss shadowline trim, and the only one of those that was Japanrot.

Thanks. Yes, the car is mega. I am getting a thumbs-up all the time. I love it a lot! My heart breaks, when I am thinking about retiring it. But that is unavoidable unfortunately.
    I will start a new thread for sure once the real work will start on the new touring.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Peterman's touring is running great and makes me happy driving it. Oil consumption increased recently. Rust is slowly growing on various places. Otherwise, it is great.
    M3 mechanically is great! There is crazy amount of rust. It is upstate NY car that has been in multiple accidents and poorly repaired. I bought with intent to make s54 touring. Unfortunately, shell is not salvageable. So, is my zhp touring.
    Here are the two rust buckets on the first day I bought M3.
    How is life in CA? I see you also like biking?
    Here is my stress relief tool, calories burner and Sunday morning joy tool.
    holy cow this pic nearly made me cry.

hey folks! long time.... miss you all! life has been nuts up here in ontario. the time has come that i might look to getting back into a ZHP. my son is going to be 16 (!!) in june, and how awesome would it be to restore one with him?

anyway. happy to see fellow cyclists here too - i've gotten into it and have done some gravel racing, it's been a huge mental help for me. and, as per my usual tendencies... i have gone a little crazy with builds.

sergey - i will send you a PM.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    holy cow this pic nearly made me cry.

hey folks! long time.... miss you all! life has been nuts up here in ontario. the time has come that i might look to getting back into a ZHP. my son is going to be 16 (!!) in june, and how awesome would it be to restore one with him?

anyway. happy to see fellow cyclists here too - i've gotten into it and have done some gravel racing, it's been a huge mental help for me. and, as per my usual tendencies... i have gone a little crazy with builds.

sergey - i will send you a PM.

peter
    Nice to see you back Peter, been a long time!

not to toot my own horn, but i owned 2 of those (one of them being sergey's ). 7 of them were 325iT M Sports, all went to canada..... and i tried to rescue one of those the other day but some bastard here in ontario dismantled it.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Nice to see you back Peter, been a long time!
    charlie! hey man! i see the fleet is as colorful as ever.... how ya been?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

not to toot my own horn, but i owned 2 of those (one of them being sergey's ). 7 of them were 325iT M Sports, all went to canada..... and i tried to rescue one of those the other day but some bastard here in ontario dismantled it.
    I had to do a double take because I thought you were talking about the Compact and started wondering if they sold them in Canada. Then I zoomed in on the picture and realized that the T stands for touring in this case.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Awesome that you've owned two of those on the list... I wish the US could have optioned the M-sport package for wagons, especially considering Canadian customers could. Sad to hear that the one other one you were looking at was parted out. They were definitely among the most rare E46 tourings you could get.

Awesome that you've owned two of those on the list... I wish the US could have optioned the M-sport package for wagons, especially considering Canadian customers could. Sad to hear that the one other one you were looking at was parted out. They were definitely among the most rare E46 tourings you could get.
    indeed. a black headliner in a Touring is a wonderful thing too. really helps with the outward visibility.

don't look on mobile.de for E46 Tourings. you'll find yourself next going to xe.com for conversion rates and then looking at the export process.......
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast