Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    charlie! hey man! i see the fleet is as colorful as ever.... how ya been?
    Peter I find it ironic that I have two silver cars (both coupes) and two blue cars (sedan and wagon). Two naturally aspirated cars (my BMWs) and two twin turbo cars (my Audi and Porsche) The garage keeps me busy with the ZHP requiring most of the work this past year. I have made good solid progress slowly restoring my ZHP and fixing all the cut corners and headaches caused by the previous owner.

Anyway, things are going good and I'm still able to enjoy working on my cars and going HAM on them as usual It is good seeing you on the forum again and I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store!

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Thanks. Yes, the car is mega. I am getting a thumbs-up all the time. I love it a lot! My heart breaks, when I am thinking about retiring it. But that is unavoidable unfortunately.
    I will start a new thread for sure once the real work will start on the new touring.
    Sergy, if you're going to replace your current touring with a replacement touring then transfer all the mods over to the replacement touring, especially the OEM M3 side mirrors... don't make the same mistake I did and not get everything. Of course I let some things go because at that time I did not think I would ever be back in another ZHP. Vas was right . . . we all somehow make our way back to them because they were and still are amazing cars to own and drive no matter the mileage.

Ooooooo. I too have done a gravel race and got another one coming up end of the month, and it's pretty wild how pricey bike parts are! Actually, I'm financially into my bicycle far more than my motorcycle, but that's including the insurance settlement from a guy not seeing me in his blindspot.

If once you get the ZHP be sure to start a thread and don't keep us in the dark on it
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Anyway, things are going good and I'm still able to enjoy working on my cars and going HAM on them as usual It is good seeing you on the forum again and I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store!
    i wouldn't expect anything less than HAM from you, charlie.

for what i have in store... this time around will be a little different, i guarantee. culminating my experience with trying to get my son turning some wrenches and learning. track days are definitely an idea.

Vas was right . . . we all somehow make our way back to them because they were and still are amazing cars to own and drive no matter the mileage.
    they definitely are something special. a datum point for BMW. when i bought my Golf R, i was debating between that and a 2018 330iT M Sport. i drove the 330iT and while it was fast and looked the business, it was definitely a letdown in driving dynamics and character. the Golf R is no ZHP in terms of character but it certainly is a rival for The Ultimate Daily Driver and i never once regretted not getting the F31 330iT. it is no ZHP.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Ooooooo. I too have done a gravel race and got another one coming up end of the month, and it's pretty wild how pricey bike parts are
    yeah... tell me about it. my current gravel/road bike is a 3T Exploro RaceMax with SRAM Force AXS. i built it up myself and it has some cool bits on it.

If once you get the ZHP be sure to start a thread and don't keep us in the dark on it
    if i do... i will be posting, but the coolest part is that my son will likely join the forum and post as well. how cool is THAT?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

if i do... i will be posting, but the coolest part is that my son will likely join the forum and post as well. how cool is THAT?
    Looking forward to this Peter!

How many miles did you drive in 2022 ?

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

holy cow this pic nearly made me cry.

hey folks! long time.... miss you all! life has been nuts up here in ontario. the time has come that i might look to getting back into a ZHP. my son is going to be 16 (!!) in june, and how awesome would it be to restore one with him?

anyway. happy to see fellow cyclists here too - i've gotten into it and have done some gravel racing, it's been a huge mental help for me. and, as per my usual tendencies... i have gone a little crazy with builds.

sergey - i will send you a PM.

peter
    Hey Peter! It was nice chatting with last week. I was happy to hear that everything is great and that you are into cycling.
    Touring has 214k miles now and I am planing to do the following within next month:
    Light cooling system overhaul.
    Replace cracked windshield. I cause a rock on the highway and it cracked the window:-(
    Rebuild driveshaft.

Sergy, if you're going to replace your current touring with a replacement touring then transfer all the mods over to the replacement touring, especially the OEM M3 side mirrors... don't make the same mistake I did and not get everything. Of course I let some things go because at that time I did not think I would ever be back in another ZHP. Vas was right . . . we all somehow make our way back to them because they were and still are amazing cars to own and drive no matter the mileage.
    Charlie,
    If I will be selling my touring and it will not go to a person intending to keep, i think the whole car will be parked out. The rust is pretty noticeable at this point. It will be shame to part it out but I do not think it makes sense to restore it the shell.
    I am not planing to sell it soon. But, if I do and if it will need to be parted out, I will transfer or save all the cool parts that it has.
    Ooooooo. I too have done a gravel race and got another one coming up end of the month, and it's pretty wild how pricey bike parts are! Actually, I'm financially into my bicycle far more than my motorcycle, but that's including the insurance settlement from a guy not seeing me in his blindspot.

I knew that you're into cycling, but didn't now that you doing gravel racing. After chatting with Peter about bikes, I went to FB to see how much is a cheap set of wheels cost. I am thinking to have a set of gravel wheels. I think that my Cannondale can clear 32mm tires.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234