Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

VW charged me for a part I didn’t want, now being difficult

Took my vw Tiguan to the dealership for a valve cleaning, water pump replacement (on warranty), and oil disappearing diagnosis.

They found 4 oil leaks: camshaft cover, upper timing cover, PCV and turbo diverter valve.

I asked them to do only the camshaft cover and upper timing cover, because they are a bit more involved and I don’t wanna mess with this engines timing. But I explicitly told them not to touch the PCV or diverter valve, because they are very easy and I have the parts on order. Even have a warranty on my current PCV through FCP euro.

When I get the car back, I pay for everything, but see they charged me for the PCV after all. Turns out the technicians had a misunderstanding, despite the fact that I told my service rep 3 times not to touch my PCV or diverter valve.

I asked for a full refund on the PCV part cost. The service manager got defensive and sassy with me, saying she needs to escalate this to the GM on Monday. They already offered me a “compensation” but I believe I am due the full cost.

Can I get your guys’ thoughts?

Happy new year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

That sounds fair, to receive a full refund for the PCV part. You were very clear about not replacing it. This reminds me of a trip to my Mini dealer some years ago. I asked them to do an alignment in addition to a recall service. Then I remembered the current alignment was very recent, so I told them "don't do it" even before leaving the dealer.

It turns out they aligned the car anyways ($200 or so). I mentioned this to my SA and he removed that charge without any noise.

And HNY to you as well !
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Just got a callback from their service manager. They will refund me the full price.

Now working with FCP to still honor my warranty haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality