Took my vw Tiguan to the dealership for a valve cleaning, water pump replacement (on warranty), and oil disappearing diagnosis.

They found 4 oil leaks: camshaft cover, upper timing cover, PCV and turbo diverter valve.

I asked them to do only the camshaft cover and upper timing cover, because they are a bit more involved and I don’t wanna mess with this engines timing. But I explicitly told them not to touch the PCV or diverter valve, because they are very easy and I have the parts on order. Even have a warranty on my current PCV through FCP euro.

When I get the car back, I pay for everything, but see they charged me for the PCV after all. Turns out the technicians had a misunderstanding, despite the fact that I told my service rep 3 times not to touch my PCV or diverter valve.

I asked for a full refund on the PCV part cost. The service manager got defensive and sassy with me, saying she needs to escalate this to the GM on Monday. They already offered me a “compensation” but I believe I am due the full cost.

Can I get your guys’ thoughts?

Happy new year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk