Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Side molding / trim for ZHP coupe models - any advice for sourcing parts / options other than a full strip and repaint?

The clear coat on my imola red couple ZHP's side modlings / trim pieces that run the length of the car look terrible. BMW doesn't sell these painted anymore.

There are some aftermarket options for these in black (mine are currently red) but zero that I can find for coupe models.

Buying all new parts and having them professionally painted is a hell of an expense for these. Has anyone found -anything- other than this option for couple models? I managed to get some black trim pieces in decent shape for each of the doors if I wanted to go in that direction (vs Imola), but the front and back left and right fender pieces are just impossible to find (51130001031, 51130001033, 51130001036, 51130001037).

Just curious if anyone managed to solve this problem recently without dropping a grand or whatever to have them completely sanded and repainted or bought anew and repainted.

Thanks!
    '05 ZHP Coupe 6MT | Imola Red w/ Natural Brown
    M3 Mirrors | BMW Performance Airbox & Strut Brace | AC Schnitzer Pedals | Weathertech Mats | Homelink Transmitter | OEM First Aid Box | Dynavin N7 Pro

There is no guarantee that purchasing pre-finished trim will match your car. The best/cheapest option is to have your trim redone. Talk to the high-end new & used car dealers to find out who they use.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Just to confirm: are you talking about these 3 trim pieces ? My car is a sedan, so I don't have that issue. But some years ago I asked a body shop to paint the roof trim (both sides) on my X3. It was $80 IIRC.

Name:  ir-coupe.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  413.8 KB
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Just to confirm: are you talking about these 3 trim pieces ? My car is a sedan, so I don't have that issue. But some years ago I asked a body shop to paint the roof trim (both sides) on my X3. It was $80 IIRC.

Name:  ir-coupe.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  413.8 KB
    Exactly. My concerns with a repaint are that the clear coat is gone so a lot of prep would be necessary. Secondly red is a notoriously difficult color to match, and I have the original '05 paint. In San Diego I was expecting stripping and matching 6 pieces would be like a $1,000 or something - but I guess I'll get some estimates.

Great example photo - this car looks -exactly- like mine...

Sigh...
    '05 ZHP Coupe 6MT | Imola Red w/ Natural Brown
    M3 Mirrors | BMW Performance Airbox & Strut Brace | AC Schnitzer Pedals | Weathertech Mats | Homelink Transmitter | OEM First Aid Box | Dynavin N7 Pro

I have a '05 Mystique Blue Metallic Sedan. I did my own painting on the side trims, bumper trims and all trims that used to be Black.

I got the spray paint from Automotive Touchup.com. I even used this paint for my front spoiler/air dam. Although road debris pitted a lot of the paint. I might end up repainting them again.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/

Make sure you follow their instructions on preparations. After all these years, they are still holding up.

Hope this helps.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Exactly. My concerns with a repaint are that the clear coat is gone so a lot of prep would be necessary. Secondly red is a notoriously difficult color to match, and I have the original '05 paint. In San Diego I was expecting stripping and matching 6 pieces would be like a $1,000 or something - but I guess I'll get some estimates.

Great example photo - this car looks -exactly- like mine...

Sigh...
    Nah it shouldn't be that much. Maybe a couple hundred. If you get quotes that are actually $1k. Come up to HB and go to my body shop lol