Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

DME update error

Went to install tune file from ESS using their E-Flash program. The program lost connection (right after deleting the timing maps) and was "unable to close connection". I verified I'm getting 12.6 volts to the battery and then jumped to another other car battery for a bit of extra juice (I read somewhere that the DME needs 13.5 volts). Tried again and same result.

I reached out to AJ at ESS and he suspected the DME had reached the max number of tunes and rejected the file. He agreed to program the file so I sent my DME over. He checked and did not find anything wrong with the tune but when I reinstalled I still can't drive.

See attached error codes from PA Soft, INPA and E-flash program. I noticed the "Hardware reference number" has changed to a bunch of weird "y's" but not sure what that means.

Any help would be appreciated.

Car is 2003 330i ZHP with a stage 2 Supercharger from ESS Tuning (TS2) with MS45.1

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Damian; 01-27-2022 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity

There is a probability that your dme was fried during the process. I have seen many MS45-s do that with various flashers.
    Contact this guy, he may help you. He's an expert in tuning MS45-s.

https://www.facebook.com/Akaki89
    ZHP 2004 6M/T Silver Grey - BBS RGR R18 8.5 ET38 RG734H & 9J ET45 RG762H Forged - Gruppe M Air Intake - Supersprint Replica Headers - N52 TB - Ported Head - MS43 ECU Conversion - 7000RPM - ETS Tuned - Tein Street Advance Z Coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by BerDz3nA View Post
    There is a probability that your dme was fried during the process. I have seen many MS45-s do that with various flashers.
    Contact this guy, he may help you. He's an expert in tuning MS45-s.

https://www.facebook.com/Akaki89
    Ended up towing it to a certified ESS installer about an hour away. They spent a couple of days on it and got the DME to work and then had to sync the EWS this morning. Car is now ready for pick up. They didn't say exactly what the DME issue was, Only that they had a remote tuner working on it along with the owner of the shop. Hopefully I get more info upon pick up but at least it's fixed.

Thanks!

good news, glad the ECU wasn't fried. she should rip!
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    good news, glad the ECU wasn't fried. she should rip!
    Picked it up Friday after hours via Uber and it's running REALLY rich. Like, -35% LTFT rich. Emailed AJ, hopefully when he gets me a new tune I don't run into the same problem..

The shop said I should be OK to tune it myself so long as i have a good charger. Turns out they RECOVERED the DME (not reflashed it), then had to sync the EWS.

Turns out the shop just returned my DME to stock. I contacted AJ and he sent me a new file. I tried flashing the new tune and same thing happened. Can someone help me get the car back to stock?

It'd be a plus if anyone knows why this happened. I had 13.6v at the time of attempted tune and I'm running windows 11. Is there a possibility that the suite of BMW programs (INPA, NCS, WinKFP) interfered with connection somehow?

If I can get the DME back to stock I'll just drive it to the shop to have them put the tune in.