Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

WTB: Strut (driver side)

I'm not sure if the local junkyards will have any ZHP's so I figure this is the best place to look.

What is your goal for the zhp and what's the use? Is it a daily driver? Are you trying to flip it?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Fray Mutt View Post
    I'm not sure if the local junkyards will have any ZHP's so I figure this is the best place to look.
    Are you looking for a coupe, sedan or vert and how much money are you looking to spend to have one?

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    What is your goal for the zhp and what's the use? Is it a daily driver? Are you trying to flip it?
    I agree with Dane's post above . . .

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Hey DW.

My goal and use for the ZHP has been to restore it as best I can to make it a great daily driver. I'm coming up on two years of ownership and I feel like it's time to move onto an M3, and I've realized that I don't want to keep it in my possession for life. My understanding is that it would be more valuable to a prospective buyer if it were all-original, or at least extremely close to it, so that they can have the true experience. I'll probably let the next owner throw some coilovers on if they wish, which is what I think this car really needs.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Are you looking for a coupe, sedan or vert and how much money are you looking to spend to have one?

I agree with Dane's post above . . .
    Hey cakM3. I'm looking for a sedan strut, if the dampeners differ any.

I'm considering pulling the trigger on these if my search doesn't end this week:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18529950696...MAAOSwttFiDdxY

If you're going to restore the ZHP as best as you can then I suggest not cheaping out on it. Don't cut corners. If you're not going to keep it then try sourcing OEM springs from people who have converted their ZHPs to coilovers and get Koni or Bilstein struts instead of coilovers. The ZHP is the perfect daily driver in my opinion and this is coming from a guy who owns both the E46 ZHP and M3. There are a few here on this forum who have seen my M3 and Imola ZHP in person and can tell you how I set my rides up. I am currently sorting out my Mystic ZHP because the previous owners had decided to neglect and cheap out on this poor car. I am slowly restoring it back to where she should be to begin with but I plan to keep this ZHP as I have found it is so much more fun to drive as a daily. The M3 and my other rides are taken out only when the road conditions are perfect and I want to enjoy them.... Good luck on what you plan to do with your ZHP...

If you're going to restore the ZHP as best as you can then I suggest not cheaping out on it. Don't cut corners. If you're not going to keep it then try sourcing OEM springs from people who have converted their ZHPs to coilovers and get Koni or Bilstein struts instead of coilovers. The ZHP is the perfect daily driver in my opinion and this is coming from a guy who owns both the E46 ZHP and M3. There are a few here on this forum who have seen my M3 and Imola ZHP in person and can tell you how I set my rides up. I am currently sorting out my Mystic ZHP because the previous owners had decided to neglect and cheap out on this poor car. I am slowly restoring it back to where she should be to begin with but I plan to keep this ZHP as I have found it is so much more fun to drive as a daily. The M3 and my other rides are taken out only when the road conditions are perfect and I want to enjoy them.... Good luck on what you plan to do with your ZHP...
    Thanks for the reply. So a buyer wouldn't mind Bilstein (sport) struts and shocks? What if I only refreshed the front of the car? My dilemma is that my driver side strut appears to be leaking, and considering that I've poured well over 8 grand into this ZHP, I can't justify a complete suspension refresh when I won't be getting any of the money back if I find a buyer around April.

The M54 also wouldn't be a good platform for the kind of power I want to make, and dailying a car with just 230 hp at the crank, if that, has been a little miserable here and there. And now to really throw you for a loop! I'm actually getting registered for my first (solo) track day, since I have to see if all the heavy spirited driving I do translates well to the racetrack. Otherwise I will spend years wondering what it would have been like to take that ZHP I once had around a track. I know, I'm in a pretty weird position. At the end of the day though, the only thing I'm after is performance, and I've always been a fan of M cars.

You won't want to daily an M3. Keep in mind you will have to do valve guide maintenance (ever 30k miles) as well as VANOS maintenance (anywhere from $900 - $2k if you DIY). Overall maintenance costs for M3 is higher than it is for the ZHP. Just look into everything before jumping in. As I have said given the choice the ZHP is the better car to daily but then I'm not requiring more power for a daily either... in my case, when the desire for more power comes up I just take one of my faster cars out for a drive to satisfy my itch

You won't want to daily an M3. Keep in mind you will have to do valve guide maintenance (ever 30k miles) as well as VANOS maintenance (anywhere from $900 - $2k if you DIY). Overall maintenance costs for M3 is higher than it is for the ZHP. Just look into everything before jumping in. As I have said given the choice the ZHP is the better car to daily but then I'm not requiring more power for a daily either... in my case, when the desire for more power comes up I just take one of my faster cars out for a drive to satisfy my itch
    Hmm, do you have any experience with the E92 M3? I'm really leaning towards that one the more I think about it. It would be really fun to paint one of those mystic blue metallic...

The itch for speed is a 24/7 thing for me sadly. I would daily a motorcycle if it were possible here in the desert of Phoenix.

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    I ended up going with a pair of Bilstein B4 struts for the sport suspension which I should've went with originally.

Mods feel free to delete this thread.