Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sourcing Alcantara Farbic

I am seeking to source alcantara fabric for my 2005 BMW 330CIC (ZHP) to recover the front seat bolsters.

I contacted Josh at Relicate .. he provided samples "2957 chic grey" and {9052 dark charcoal" ... no match (dark charcoal is too dark and chic grey is significantly to light(. Also, I received a sample, "9002 anthracite" from Gulf Fabrics ... too dark, really black. Lastly, I just sent a inquiry to UK Hide awaiting a reply.

My Upholsterer has not been successful finding any supplier with alcantara fabric and so far no samples match. He is turning to a Facebook group for upholsterers to determine if someone has the appropriate fabric.

Attached are images of the correct fabric. Note: this is not my vehicle but the lighting and images accurately depict the correct color and texture of the fabric. There is a slight green cast to the fabric. The upholsterer does not believe this faint green cast was not caused by UV rays.

Does anyone know what this color is? Where can I obtain the fabric?

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

It could be the lighting or camera flash but your seats appear light - sun faded? Factory Alcantara for our cars is 9002, referred to as " grey," "dark gray" or "anthracite." Newer BMWs' (M2) Alcantara appears closer to 9040.

Perhaps Coby knows - https://cobywheel.com/alcantara-prod...-products.html
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    It could be the lighting or camera flash but your seats appear light - sun faded? Factory Alcantara for our cars is 9002, referred to as " grey," "dark gray" or "anthracite." Newer BMWs' (M2) Alcantara appears closer to 9040.

Perhaps Coby knows - https://cobywheel.com/alcantara-prod...-products.html
    The word and number description are based on Gulf Fabrics website http://www.gulffabrics.com/alccolor.htm

Its not the flash. The picture is from a vehicle in a dealer showroom and it accurately depicts my interior color.

According to the Gulf Fabrics info and the "9002 anthracite" sample I received it is black ... not any for m of grey. The dark gray sample I received from Relicate was too dark. I have not ruled out UV fade. The upholsterer didn't think it was the case but even if it is, I should be able to find a match. According to the Gulf Fabric color chart, no "dark grey" exists. Based on their color chart "2957 chic grey" or "2938 medium grey" should match. But the "2957 chic grey" sample from Relicate was far too light, almost a silver with some grey. Relicate did not have any fabric lighter than "9052 dark charcoal".

I will make an inquiry to Coby. On the E46Fanatics forum, a member provided Veteran Company in Los Angeles ... I emailed them today.

John:

I just received a response from Coby Wheel. The representative stated that all bolsters are "9002 anthracite". He further stated that they fade over time and Coby does not sell fabric.

I shall see if other responses confirm this. Thank you for the contact suggestion.

2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

The Alcantara in those pics look like the shoulders/headrests on my car that spent 10 years in Florida with no tint. The fabric fades badly and goes green a bit. The original color is indeed dark, but definitely not black.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    The Alcantara in those pics look like the shoulders/headrests on my car that spent 10 years in Florida with no tint. The fabric fades badly and goes green a bit. The original color is indeed dark, but definitely not black.
    ZHPizza:

It's interesting ... several forum members from E46Fanatics, Coby Wheel, and Gulf Fabrics state that all BMWs came with alcantara "9002 anthracite". Gulf Fabrics sent me a sample of "9002 anthracite" ... it's definitely black. A sample from Relicate for "9052 dark charcoal" is not as black but a very dark grey.

Now the quandary ... covering the front seat bolsters with either "9902 anthracite" or "9052 dark charcoal" will not match the headrest, front arm rests, and the back seat. Or try to find a suede that closely matches the current faded condition.

What are members thoughts...

I would probably go with 9002 anthracite. Mainly because that's what was installed at the factory.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I would just recover everything with 9002 if you're worried about it matching. It's harder to match faded alcantara than to just redo all of it to match.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I would just recover everything with 9002 if you're worried about it matching. It's harder to match faded alcantara than to just redo all of it to match.
    I agree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast