Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    You can substitute only one part if you want (only E36 M3 shocks). They offer more performance for the same money. Honestly not sure what's so complicated about that.
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...m3-e36-290-816

This right?
    What I listed was the kit.... how do I swap JUST this one part from the kit?
    Or do I have to order all the other parts of the kit minus the shocks only somehow?
    For people in the know, everything is easy...
    For people like me yes, this simple task comes with 10 more questions.

Also the piece and other comments seem to say these are good in performance and comfort... So in layman's terms, are you saying somehow these are better at performance AND comfort? I thought all shocks that are higher performance has to feel less comfortable and harsher? Honestly I dont mind if the ride is a bit harsher but I am trying to figure out why are these better?
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    You need to order (1) kit for $217.80. Plus (4) parts total for the two I mentioned (2 of each).
    Thanks again... I'll just get these unless I figure out what Gala is mentioning and how to get that properly... if I have to get all these components separately that is in the kit, might just go with this basic one.
    Hankook Ventus V12

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...m3-e36-290-816

This right?
    What I listed was the kit.... how do I swap JUST this one part from the kit?
    Or do I have to order all the other parts of the kit minus the shocks only somehow?
    For people in the know, everything is easy...
    For people like me yes, this simple task comes with 10 more questions.

Also the piece and other comments seem to say these are good in performance and comfort... So in layman's terms, are you saying somehow these are better at performance AND comfort? I thought all shocks that are higher performance has to feel less comfortable and harsher? Honestly I dont mind if the ride is a bit harsher but I am trying to figure out why are these better?
    You can order the individual parts, the list is in the kit. Or you could ask support about options. I'm sure they'll work with you. I found comfort to be about the same as stock. I think ZHPizza thinks it's a little more comfortable, but it's hard to compared different cars. Performance doesn't always mean stiffer. As explained in the guide, the E36 M3 shocks are larger and house more oil, so they overheat slower and offer better motion control.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    You can order the individual parts, the list is in the kit. Or you could ask support about options. I'm sure they'll work with you. I found comfort to be about the same as stock. I think ZHPizza thinks it's a little more comfortable, but it's hard to compared different cars. Performance doesn't always mean stiffer. As explained in the guide, the E36 M3 shocks are larger and house more oil, so they overheat slower and offer better motion control.
    Ya this is what I am talking about, nothing is simple... I doubt they will just sell me the kit and exclude the shock... most likely I would have to order every single component in that list manually, so makes me wonder if this performance increase really that noticeable... did people who compared this over e46 stock really say it was a tremendous difference? If all people agree this was a night /day obvious difference, then yes, I'll do it no doubt.

I appreciate your time in all this, I am not being a wise guy, I just literally have to allocate time in this to the end gain thats all. I love driving and appreciate handling in a car actually above all, but if I can hardly notice it I would just get the all in one kit and not mess around possibly missing a part or ordering a wrong one only to find out after the mech is in the middle of work.
    Hankook Ventus V12

I would say just buy the kit. I understand your position and you want it to be as simple as possible, so the kit as-is makes the most sense for you.
    There's no need to complicate it with where you are at this point in time.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I would say just buy the kit. I understand your position and you want it to be as simple as possible, so the kit as-is makes the most sense for you.
    There's no need to complicate it with where you are at this point in time.
    Thanks... I am tending to agree... I think if I have the "enthusiast's" time to spend over this and squeeze every advantage I can, it would be worth it, maybe... but for like a 5% performance increase, I am more afraid of screwing something up in my haste so ya, I will keep it simple and save more money ongoing for my next car, the Spyder 918, hopefully before I die... I think that would be a worthy successor to my ZHP.

Also I know FCP is fairly reasonable but for some reason I expected a shock kits for a BMW would be more expensive... I guess shocks and the supporting parts are fairly simple machines? It is rare when I think some BMW parts are not a total ripoff, although I am sure if I took them to the stealer or even dishonest indy I would "not be disappointed."
    Hankook Ventus V12

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Got the kit... my last guy quoted $150 for putting in the rears, is that reasonable? Its like a 1.5 hr job?
    Hankook Ventus V12

Guy is here and said he didnt realize this one he had to remove the inside liner of the trunk and also go from there, and wants to charge $250 instead of $150

f%^$%#

I told him to go ahead anyways, I need it done.
    Hankook Ventus V12

Wow. I would've taken 10 mins and removed myself.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

It wasnt a charge just to remove the cover, he did that right in front of my eyes... he was saying most cars he done can be done just from under the car...

Anyways he was done in under 90 min even after taking a couple of phone calls and talking to couple neighbors...

So after he was done I told him that was pretty easy right, it wasnt a big deal....

He agreed and I asked him still $250? He said just give him $200, so whatever...

He did also apologize while leaving, so it's all good man... I'm ok with that.

At least her doesnt have this arrogant ahole attitude that the other mech had, that counts for something.

Local Drive feels good but true test comes later when I go to work.

The bad shock was actually leaking fluids... bad damage from that stupid pothole.

At least my car is now back to all the fundamentally sound state of driveability.
    Hankook Ventus V12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12