Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hit road debris. Totaled. Now what.

After a 4 month complete refresh of the zhp, I hit a semi retread tire at 400 miles later. After 7 years (~120k miles) Im really heartbroken. Sold the TS2+ car this fall. This was my 3rd zhp (over 250k miles logged in zhp's) and I expected to keep it forever. This was the keeper.... the car was hyper maintained. A lot of things were replaced "because I was there."

Now, the insurance company has totaled it and I am looking for advice.

1. Fix damage only. (front bumper, radiator, ps lines, undertray.) It will have blend marks....get over it. No out of pocket.
    2. Fix damage, pdr 2 dents, repaint whole car. Will require out of pocket costs.... but I end up with a great car....salvage title.
    3. Move on, dont look back. Find another zhp or e46m. Already have a 340i 6mt for daily duty.

Here she is as of now....

Name:  IMG_4993-small.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  991.6 KB

Maintenance records.........

2005-330izhp-maintanance-2-18-22.pdf

I'm surprised it's totaled. That doesn't look like 4k of damage. At least considering price values of the cars now anyways, it would have to be around that much.

I would do a slightly modified option 1. Basically, only paint the front bumper. No blend with the rest of the car. Get someone to color match it as well as possible. The slight shade difference between plastic and metal is pretty much always there anyways.

Since you know the condition of the car and it's not damaged in any other way, I'd keep it.
    But if you're really wanting a clean title car. Then option 3 lol Part out some of the mods and get as much as you can. For the next car.

I hope you're getting comps and getting the best value for the car.

That's a fixer. Get it back on the road.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    my insurance company (whom ive been with for 30+ years) was not playing nice. none of their comps were zhp's. Their low ball offer (like 3k buy out) insulted me..... especially when you consider the work done in the last 1000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    yea, i will probabily get it fixed. Im just unsure on how deep to go.
    Part of me says walk away and start over with an e46m. BUT, I would loose my shirt on any sort of trade.
    (I have 20k in parts alone on the "maintenance" list and the car was "done.")

Sorry to hear the news. Did you show the insurance company receipts for recent service and repairs ? They should consider that in their offer.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by jason89i View Post
    (I have 20k in parts alone on the "maintenance" list and the car was "done.")
    Sorry to hear about the ZHP. If you have 20k in parts I would definitely keep it. It doesn’t look totaled, how does the other side look?
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I'm surprised it's totaled. That doesn't look like 4k of damage. At least considering price values of the cars now anyways, it would have to be around that much.

I would do a slightly modified option 1. Basically, only paint the front bumper. No blend with the rest of the car. Get someone to color match it as well as possible. The slight shade difference between plastic and metal is pretty much always there anyways.

Since you know the condition of the car and it's not damaged in any other way, I'd keep it.
    But if you're really wanting a clean title car. Then option 3 lol Part out some of the mods and get as much as you can. For the next car.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Sorry to hear about the ZHP. If you have 20k in parts I would definitely keep it. It doesn’t look totaled, how does the other side look?
    I say keep the car, get it restored and then not worry about putting mileage on the car and enjoy the car.

It sucks that you hit that blown tire remains but as they say . . . shit happens. Very unfortunate but you can save this amazing car and enjoy putting on the mileage after you fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Sorry to hear the news. Did you show the insurance company receipts for recent service and repairs ? They should consider that in their offer.
    In my limited experience, thankfully, USAA only considered expenses incurred in the past year.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

So sorry to hear. Hope things work put. Seems like a keeper to me.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Just got done chatting with the body shop.
    Im taking it home to do the radiator (water pump etc while im there.)
    They are ordering up the parts and will start in 2 weeks.
    Im having them go over everything.

My shadowline trim has some flaking near the back. Spray, vinly, or new?

Thanks, J

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast