Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jason89i View Post
    Just got done chatting with the body shop.
    Im taking it home to do the radiator (water pump etc while im there.)
    They are ordering up the parts and will start in 2 weeks.
    Im having them go over everything.

My shadowline trim has some flaking near the back. Spray, vinly, or new?

Thanks, J
    New if you are willing to spend. But since you’re at the body shop anyway, I’d consider spray…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Check eBay/other bmw forums, if you can source used but good condition that would be ideal
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Have you closed with insurance? In our family when we are unhappy with insurance, we remind our insurance that we pay them every month to support us when we need them in instances like this. We remind them that if they can't do this, perhaps it's time to change up insurance. At that point, they take a second look at the $0 they have had to pay out and that (in my family) we are risk-averse drivers, then they think about it again.

Sorry nonetheless. It's no secret I went through a similar experience. Unlike mine, you're definitely looks repairable which seems to be the route you're going down. Best of luck

If its a forever car who cares about the title status. Get as much money from insurance, fix and enjoy. Good Luck.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by jason89i View Post
    my insurance company (whom ive been with for 30+ years) was not playing nice. none of their comps were zhp's. Their low ball offer (like 3k buy out) insulted me..... especially when you consider the work done in the last 1000 miles.
    That sucks. I hate it for you. It's an eye opener for the rest of us, though.

I'm sure a lot of members here know already, but the best way to get a fair shake on these cars is to insure on an "agreed value" policy as a collector car. Grundy and Hagerty are the main players, AFAIK. As long as you have another daily and don't put a lot of miles on the ZHP you'll get better coverage going this route, and likely for a whole lot lower premium while valuing the car in-line with the actual market too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird-Dog View Post
    ......... an "agreed value" policy as a collector car. Grundy and Hagerty are the main players, AFAIK. As long as you have another daily and don't put a lot of miles on the ZHP ......
    Ive been down that road. Most of those companies say you "cannot use the car to go to work."
    Its a non-starter for me. I have a small business and Im always using the cars for work.
    More loop holes for them to deny coverage.
    I called a broker and shopping for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
    If its a forever car who cares about the title status. Get as much money from insurance, fix and enjoy. Good Luck.
    I will. I will. I will. But there is something about original paint and a clear title. Its just not the same.
    J

After 10 months, she’s finally coming home. Spent a little extra time and money to get it right. Very anxious to take it for a drive.
    (9) e30's, (5) e30m3's, (3) zhp's and (1) estoril 340i.

make sure to post up some after shots, congrats on getting her back!
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Always good to see a ZHP saved from the junk yard or worse yet, a crusher. Even with a salvage title, they can still be amazing cars to own and drive. Only difference is you can now mod the crap out of your car without feeling guilty Now the fun of modding can begin Enjoy your car

Glad to hear you're getting it back soon, can't wait to see how it turned out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast