Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

New ZHP owner - Silver Sedan I like to call Caroline

Hey all!
    Been a long time lurker but as of a few weeks ago I bought a one way ticket and picked up a 2003 ZHP Sedan 6 Speed in North Carolina and drove it back up here to Colorado. Ran like a top and really enjoyed the roadtrip back.

A little background on me personally, I am finishing up my last month of my undergrad and was looking for a car I could get for myself to be a little graduation gift to myself. I have been buying and selling cars all throughout my college career to make money and also pay for upgrades on my 1996 Land Cruiser that I bought when I was 14 year old and has been by my side the whole way. Knowing I am about to graduate and move to a place with a garage, and out of a place that gets feet of snow every year, I thought it was time to stop buying and selling the beaters and get something nice. And now being in the financial postion to be able to afford two cars, I could justify having one car that is rear wheel drive and is driven in nice weather conditions, and all the other times I can drive the Land Cruiser. I have always been drawn to the E46 chassis and when I heard about the ZHP about 6 months ago I was hooked. I started looking all over the forums for a clean one with nice documentation of maintance. I found one on E46 Fanatics and messaged the owner and after a few weeks of talking we came to a price that I could make work, and a few weeks later I was on a plane to go grab this thing and drive it the 23 hours back.

I plan on making a thread documenting all my upgrades so I won’t go to far into it here but I am going for a OEM + vibe. I am combing through the cooling system right now and I have done the fuel filter and oil change. Next things up on the list maintenance wise after the cooling system is the VANOS rebuild, DISA replacement, new brakes, and replacing that rubber steering coupler. Upgrade wise I want to put a better sounding stereo in it (with retaining the factory CD player), I really want to get it clear bra’d for the gravely roads here in Colorado, and I might do the under drive pulleys and maybe an intake.

Anyways I am looking forward to being on this forum and learning lots and contributing whenever I have the opportunity to do so!

I don’t know how to upload photos directly on here so here is a link to a google photo album with some pics

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CKYmUUh6JhqLL5FV9

Cheers!
    Andrew

Welcome Andrew!

NC to Colorado! That’s a pretty nice route except for the whole of Kansas…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Congrats, sir ! Caroline looks very sharp. I have a good idea where is that name coming from.

How many miles on the clock ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thank you! And ya it was a fun route and for only having 3 days to do it I was pleasantly surprised with how smooth it went and how quick the days went past. And Kansas was boring but some big open roads to open her up was pretty fun haha

Thanks! And ya, so clever right haha? And 175,000! I’m hoping after a good baseline it will be good for many miles and years to come. Compared to my Land Cruiser with 290k, 175 sounds so young haha

Welcome! That's a nice looking sedan you have there!

A belated welcome!

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Congrats on the beautiful Silbergrau sedan and welcome to the Family, Andrew! Glad you were able to find yourself a good one and I love your OEM+ vision for it!

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    NC to Colorado! That’s a pretty nice route except for the whole of Kansas…
    What’s wrong w/driving thru my home state?? 410 miles east-to-west is perfect for checking your straight-line alignment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC