Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Crankcase vent valve is leaking vaccum

got check engine light, Found fault codes 2882 and 2883 stored for lean mixture Bank1 and 2. Shop is saying that Crankcase vent valve is leaking vaccum. need to replace Crankcase vent valve and all connecting hoses, shop asking for top dollar. is this easy to DIY?

Quote Originally Posted by zhp4life View Post
    got check engine light, Found fault codes 2882 and 2883 stored for lean mixture Bank1 and 2. Shop is saying that Crankcase vent valve is leaking vaccum. need to replace Crankcase vent valve and all connecting hoses, shop asking for top dollar. is this easy to DIY?
    Not easy. How much are they quoting? It can be done by a DIY. Some people do it by removing the intake manifold, some don't. Search Youtube for a video on it by "50sKid".

When mine went bad I found out it was only the lower hose to the dipstick tube that was cracked. The rest of it including the valve itself was still good. I got away with replacing only that one hose from under the car. It still was hard doing only that one hose.

It's difficult in that it's hard to get in there to do what you need to do. lol I did it without removing the intake manifold. Since I was replacing everything, I just broke up the parts that couldn't be removed easily. I felt like putting it back in was way easier though.

almost 1k.

hey folks, wondering what issues will it cause ? is it safe to drive with the issue for few weeks ?
    trying to find a resonable guy to fix it.

It will cause the engine to run with a lean mixture. The computer will try it's best to compensate. You can still drive the car. I drove mine not knowing I had a leaky CCV system. It got to the point it kicked up a check engine light. Car still seemed to run fine.

$1k, huh? Check out the 50'sKid youtube to see if it's something you can handle then make the decision.