Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

View Poll Results: What did you do with your ZHP when it was no longer your daily driver?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sold it. No reason to have it languish. It needs a good home that will use it.

0 0%
  • Kept it. It's like one of my kids, never gonna sell it even if I only drive it a few times a year

4 80.00%
  • Kept it in the family (gave to wife/kids)

1 20.00%
  • Other.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Keep or sell? What to do when your ZHP is no longer your daily driver?

Very strange, I thought I posted this already, but can't find the thread so posting again.

I am the original owner of a 2004 330i 6 speed ZHP. Car is bone-stock. About the only thing not original on the car are the kidney grills. The original silver ones literally fell out one day driving, and I replace them with black ones.

Was my daily driver since new, but is now sitting in a corner because she has been replaced by a Ford Bronco. Yeah, pretty big change in direction. I really love my Bronco, it has far exceeded my expectations and has now become my daily driver.

So the question is what to do with the bimmer? I have really only been a 1 car person my whole life, don't see the reason to keep 2 cars around.

For those where the ZHP was their daily driver and have now moved on to another car as their daily driver, what did you do with your ZHP? Sell it? Keep it? Split driving time between your 2 or more vehicles?

I have a couple of months before I need to really decide as car registration is due end of June. Even if I let it sit 90% of the time the car will only cost me $500/year for insurance+registration which falls into "don't care" territory for me.

I would just feel kinda bad to have a vehicle that still has a lot to give, just sit around. Anyway, interested in what others have done.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

You are right that a car should not be left to idle, and sit around without being driven. That is a recipe for leaking gaskets, cracking tires, etc...
    Keep it in the family (yours) if an opportunity is present.
    I gave my car to my son. I still pay for him to keep it shinny and well-maintained.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

I bought my ZHP 7 years ago and it has never been my DD. I don't plan to sell it. My other car is a 335i with AT. I switch cars every month or so and enjoy the difference between AT and MT.

So, I vote to keep the ZHP.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    I bought my ZHP 7 years ago and it has never been my DD. I don't plan to sell it. My other car is a 335i with AT. I switch cars every month or so and enjoy the difference between AT and MT.

So, I vote to keep the ZHP.
    My Bronco is also a manual (7-speed). Would not have bought it if it only came with an automatic.

So I still get my 3 pedal jollies with the Bronco, albeit not with the same acceleration or top speed.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

I miss selling my ZHP. I think about buying another, but knowing it won’t be as clean as the one I sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have my '05 ZHP Sedan. It used to be my DD when I was in actively employed. Now retired.

But I will keep it. It is is under a car cover. Just doing my maintenance and upkeep. My cruiser car whenever I go to Vegas and back. But not lately. Gas is way too much. But I have to go for the 4th of July. It is my smog registration time.

Bottom line....It is really your call on what is the future of the ZHP with you. I just have a sentimental value on my ZHP.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

I voted to keep the ZHP.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Kept it. I still mod it lol Trying to "finish" it lol

I’d say keep it since you said the registration and insurance costs don’t matter.

Keep it for another year or so and then decide. If every now and then you don’t feel the itch the take the zhp out then you won’t miss it when you sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Keep or sell? What to do when your ZHP is no longer your daily driver?

I have a 2003 that I purchased on Saturday December 23, 2006. It was my DD until 2013, when the power steering started to act up. We were also living in the Tennessee hills at the time and needed to haul our garbage to the local county dumpster sites.

A pickup was in order for that time, for the garbage, a steep dirt road to our neighborhood marina and to tow a boat.

I kept the ZHP around and kept it current. I’d drive it to work, coffee n cars, cruise ins, club events. I moved to Alabama and did the same. Currently on my 3rd DD since taking it out of daily service.

Since the COVID hit, I’ve been working remotely from home, my wife also works from home.

It’s getting a few more miles this year because, the new cars n coffee location is a further drive.

It’s just a car thing to me and I enjoy the drive, keeping it clean and current and sharing what it is with folks that know and don’t know what it is.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 3ZHPGUY; 04-26-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast