Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Latest Update! Before and After of interior:

New M steering wheel, shifter knob, leather armrest has returned! (idk where it went), new BMW floor mats, Rennen Phone Holder, Fixed radio volume knob (even though the text doesn't light up in orange anymore lol....clock wasn't working anyway due to the cluster clock selector being broken - so I actually like it

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 9.51.09 PM.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  59.9 KBName:  IMG_1601.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  1.49 MB

New Cowl, new headlight rubber covers (dry rotted and gross before) and repaired gloss shadow line trim!

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 9.56.37 PM.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  97.7 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 9.57.55 PM.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  75.1 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 9.59.08 PM.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  79.7 KB

Replaced engine air filter & cabin air filter, repaired a few minor interior things not featured.

Up Next:

AC system checkup and re-charge
    Brake fluid Flush and new rear brakes
    Headlight gasket... fogged up after a car wash

+

A final digital report inspection from a local place here in LA... they take images of everything and compile a digital report so I know condition of all major components etc. the previous shop did at the urgent repairs well (valve cover, oil pan gasket etc.) but they did not go out of their way to ensure everything was maintained. -- I am expecting full suspension, belts, tensioners, CCV/DISA etc. condition results.

Once all of the above is complete (aka my excessive mechanical paranoia... then paint work will commence, which is pretty $$$) If anyone knows anyone good, let me know! Respray of Roof, bumpers, fenders, and one fender repair + rear damage where someone keyed the paint.

Will keep it coming as work is done!

Just truckin' away, nice!

Update...

Got a really cool detailed picture inspection of all potential problems at a BMW shop in Pasadena.

Next Set of issue repaired:

Rear Brake rotors and pads = rotors warped... went ahead and replaced.
    Front Brake Hoses - Cracked
    Expansion Tank - indicator broken decried to replace along with upper radiator hose as they unhook from there.
    Both front struts, mounts, sling pads, bump stops, dust bellows
    Front Sway bar end links
    alignment of course from the above
    rear trail arm bushings
    tranmission mounts

so we are at 5 + 4+ 5 = 14k, and paint work will happen one day, but first mechanics

Well done. The tranny mounts are on my radar. Maybe next year.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by myles330 View Post
    Once all of the above is complete (aka my excessive mechanical paranoia... then paint work will commence, which is pretty $$$) If anyone knows anyone good, let me know! Respray of Roof, bumpers, fenders, and one fender repair + rear damage where someone keyed the paint.
    I have a body shop, but he's in HB. Dunno if you want to drive all the way down.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/a1-auto-bod...-one+auto+body

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I have a body shop, but he's in HB. Dunno if you want to drive all the way down.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/a1-auto-bod...-one+auto+body

I actually went down to him! He's pretty good? He told me that it would be very very expensive and to go to Maaco lol. He didn't give me a quote, just a verbal guesstimate. I had already gotten a quote $1k more than him ($4.5k), idk if he thought I wasn't good for the funds or what, but if he is good I could give it another try!

Try Signature Autobody in Orange (on Batavia) for a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by myles330 View Post
    I actually went down to him! He's pretty good? He told me that it would be very very expensive and to go to Maaco lol. He didn't give me a quote, just a verbal guesstimate. I had already gotten a quote $1k more than him ($4.5k), idk if he thought I wasn't good for the funds or what, but if he is good I could give it another try!
    he's my exclusive body shop now. I like him. He has this OCD about doing shit right. But yeah, he tends to say that shit if he thinks you can't afford it lol Also, if you try to do custom shit, he will say he can't do it. But then you keep pushing it and he does it lol

If you do try again, just tell him that I sent you his way. My name is Hieu (pronounced Hugh).

Got it! I live in Bev. Hills I may just go ahead with the guy at King's Auto Body, he was $1k more... but I really don't want to drive all the way back down there unless it's to drop the car off. Thanks for the review on him, if something pops up in the future will be sure to keep him in mind!

ugh I dislike the King's Auto Body guy lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast