Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

A/B/C pillar trim replacement

My ZHP needs all 6 trim pieces replaced due to age/material sagging. After a few rounds of pricing it out with the dealer and chickening out over price, I was all set to do it this summer. I quoted it, and in addition to being $1,100 worth of parts, they wanted $500 for the labor. Plus a few of the parts were backordered and they couldn't quote a time. Meh.

So I bit the bullet and ordered the major trim pieces from ECS ($800 or so, but still better than the dealer). I'm a complete novice at this. In terms of tools, I've got the trim removal kit from ECS, but nothing else, really. I didn't bother to buy any fasteners when I ordered the parts (assuming I could reuse what I had).

On a scale of 1-10, how hard is the install/how long would it take? How reasonable is it to count on reusing the fasteners?

Anyone near NYC or CT have any interest in working through this with me on a weekend for a 6 pack/12 pack/other?

2004 E46 330ci ZHP Coupe | Mystic Blue/Black Leather

I would say it's a 2 on the difficulty scale. Probably take you an hour going really slow. I didn't break anything my first time and reused everything.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I would say it's a 2 on the difficulty scale. Probably take you an hour going really slow.
    +1

I will end up going the same route replacing my B and C-pillars for my ZHP.

I’m doing all 6 as well with a bnew slicktop headliner and all the bits that attaches to it like the alarm cover and visors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slicktop AW 6spd Naturbraun

My ZHP needed the A and C pillars some years ago. I bought those parts new and asked a small body shop to install them. I don't remember the price, but it was very reasonable. On a side note, the same body shop has replaced several window regulators on my cars. Their labor is cheaper than a BMW mechanic.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

If anyone has a recommendation for a small body shop that might be able to do this in the metro NYC area or western CT, I'm all ears! Thanks for the info, all!

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I would say it's a 2 on the difficulty scale. Probably take you an hour going really slow. I didn't break anything my first time and reused everything.
    Anyone who has bought new cloth (e.g. alcantara) and glued it to the original trim, how would you rate this in difficulty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

I have no idea how hard it is, but I just posted a thread in the classifieds offering up my old sad A/B/C pillar trim for free. If you're interested in trying it, message me or reply there and that'll get you started!

Some people just remove the fabric from the pillars. I wonder if black spray paint could be applied to improve the looks.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-amp-C-pillars
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles