Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

WTB csl style trunk

Looking to buy a csl style trunk for an e46 coupe, willing to travel some for the right price
    I'm located in GA

Thanks
    2002 325i black auto
    2005 330ci ZHP Alpine White auto
    2011 e92 M3 Alpine White 6 speed

Charlie (cakM3) added one to his car - you can check his project thread or perhaps he'll chime in with the vendor options for you. Good luck!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Charlie (cakM3) added one to his car - you can check his project thread or perhaps he'll chime in with the vendor options for you. Good luck!
    Yes, I added a CSL bootlid for sedan. Although the OP is looking for one for his coupe, I would recommend reaching out to Status Gruppe Tuning to get one of their products. There will be a long lead time but the wait is worth it as far as I am concerned. I ordered my CSL bootlid from SGT in February of last year and received it in May. There were a few delays in shipment but that was out of control of SGT and they were staying on top of the order so I waited patiently and am very pleased with what I now have.

Here is a link for a coupe if you want to check them out

https://statusgruppe.com/product/bmw...yle-trunk-lid/

I checked them out but I'm not wanting to spend that much to be honest.
    2002 325i black auto

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    I checked them out but I'm not wanting to spend that much to be honest.
    you get what you pay for...keep that in mind. Good luck...

Still looking for a csl trunk for my coupe. Pm if you have one available.

Thanks
    2002 325i black auto

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    you get what you pay for...keep that in mind. Good luck...
    Thanks Charlie, I emailed them twice to see if they were going to have any sale but never heard back from them, plus I see the wait time is very long for the comments I have read.
    2002 325i black auto

Thanks Charlie, I emailed them twice to see if they were going to have any sale but never heard back from them, plus I see the wait time is very long for the comments I have read.
    Yes, the wait time is long. I ordered my CSL bootlid from SGT in February 2021 and received mine towards the end of that July so about 5 months wait from the time I placed my order but I was not worried about the wait time as I knew the owner of SGT and have purchased big ticket items from him before. Communications was good and by the time my bootlid was delivered, I was impressed by the build quality and fitment was spot on. No adjustments were required once I fitted my new bootlid on. For me it was worth the wait and price.

It comes down to what you really want for your BMW. I myself would choose a "quality part" over something cheap and "will do". In the end it really comes down to what you want for your car.

Hey Charlie, I'm now considering statusgruppe.com, the fiberglass version and was wondering how much did you have to wait and if you are happy with the whole product and customer service. I have read people complaining about statusgruppe.com and that concerns me a bit. Some people say fitment is not great either and to go with oem.

What are your thoughts?
    2002 325i black auto

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Hey Charlie, I'm now considering statusgruppe.com, the fiberglass version and was wondering how much did you have to wait and if you are happy with the whole product and customer service. I have read people complaining about statusgruppe.com and that concerns me a bit. Some people say fitment is not great either and to go with oem.

What are your thoughts?
    As I posted above from when I placed my order it took 5 months but that is because of shipping delays from Asia where the bootlid was made. Status Gruppe Tuning sources some of their products from Asia and as such sometimes there are unforeseen delays in shipment. In my case this was what happened and I am guessing for a few who were complaining that was also the case. Yelling at SGT is not going to make the product you ordered come any quicker when they have no control on when the product ships. I don't think SGT keeps a lot of their product on hand like the larger companies do (ECS Tuning or ModBargains for example) so when you place an order for their product they simply reach out to their source and order the item then the waiting game begins.

I myself have no complaints in the overall process and don't have a problem recommending SGT for those interested in getting their product but understand that in some cases depending on the product ordered you may have a longer lead time (and SGT will tell you this) before you receive the item ordered. For me it was well worth the wait as fitment of my CSL bootlid was spot on. I did not have to readjust anything once I mounted my new bootlid to my sedan.

This is my experience dealing with Status Gruppe Tuning and I would not hesitate recommending them or using them for something else in the future.