Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

ABS Module Issues

Owned my ZHP since October of 2015 and never have had an issue like this:

I've been fighting a brake light that is being linked to the ABS module offering varying psi rates at front and back brakes, which I am unsure as to whether this is a common occurrence, but would assume not.

This light has shown up intermittently for about 9 months, and primarily occurred after long drive times, mostly 2+ hours. However, after one last lengthy stay with the mechanic to try a brake flush and reset (after numerous other sensors being replaced), it seems it's time to replace the ABS module.

After some quick google sleuthing, this seems to be an expensive part to buy new, or it may be possible to have the current module sent away to be fixed.

Does anyone have or know of any experience with this issue in the e46 and the subsequent results of either fix?

Car is a 4dr, 6 spd, with approx. 90K miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I had the same symptoms last year: sporadic DSC + yellow brake light. My mechanic found codes related to the brake pressure sensor. However the car has been fine in recent months so I didn’t check into it further.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

appears that when its intermittent, its not uncommon. Here's a thread where several of us were dealing with it. Mine was so intermittent that I chose to live with it and not continue to throw money at it... Disclosed it to the new owner when I sold it.......

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ow-brake-light
    Last edited by pedro2u; 06-06-2022 at 06:13 PM.
    Pete

Thank you both for the responses. I was at the very intermittent level until this last go-around at the mechanic. Maybe I'll give it a few weeks more and then make a decision. The mechanic has done everything in order to avoid replacing the module, for what it's worth.