Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

SOLD: 2005 330i ZHP / Auto / Alcantara Interior / Black / 213K / PA

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP
    Automatic
    213xxx miles
    Full Alcantara/Cloth Interior
    Located in Harrisburg, PA
    Have both original keys
    Clean PA Title in hand/in my name
    PA Inspected – currently
    Price - $4000 (see last paragraph about price)

It pains me to post this for sale, it was going to be one of my keeper cars, but life happens. My wife and I have been planning on moving/downsizing and we finally have an opportunity that works for us, so I have been reluctantly selling a few of my cars over the past year. I will include all the information good and bad that I know and my ownership experience with it. I am an honest seller and will answer any questions you have.

I bought this a few years back from a BMW tech. He said he drove it daily for two years from Maryland to Pennsylvania. Because it was daily driven on the beltway, there is a good bit of rock chips on the front bumper and on hood. Since owning it, it has been garage kept and I made sure to keep up on any repairs and routine maintenance needed. It has been PA inspected every year by a local BMW shop and is currently inspected now. I dailyed it for a while until I bought another car so it now sits in my garage and I drive it most weekends.

I have all receipts and paperwork somewhere from the years of my ownership and will list below all maintenance that I can remember.
    2020 – New brake hoses/brakes
    2021 – Replaced Drive Shaft Center Support, also was cranking a little slow but compression and battery were checked and good. Might need starter in future, but has not given any issues with day to day driving.
    2021 – All new spark plugs, cleaned out each cylinder/piston rings, oil change
    2022 – Nothing yet, due for inspection in August. I have thermostat and starter on my list to be checked this year and was planning on replacing if needed.

Body: Cosmetically it’s not the best, front end took a lot from daily highway miles. There are unfortunately 2 small rust spots on the right rear area under the gas tank filler door that I never got to fix. I wanted to fix them and do a respray but it was just out of my budget at the time. It has 213,xxx miles so there are random scratches and rock chips. Wheels are ok, have rash around some areas but clean up nice after wash. Small nickel size dent by washer nozzle.

Interior: Has the Alcantara/Cloth seats which are amazing (front and rear). I really have not seen to many with this interior and it’s in great shape for the age. The driver and passenger seats are very good, no rips or holes, just some small Alcantara wear from getting in and out, easily fixable but not needed. Rear seat is perfect.

Everything works and no warning lights/electrical issues. Heated seats, power seats, heat, ac, sunroof, BMW factory headunit with Navigation all work no problems.

Engine: No engine mods like an aftermarket intake, headers, bolt on parts, etc.). I had a shop do a custom exhaust, but it’s really just straight pipe with no muffler (I know I know). I have the original muffler I can include. I had it tuned earlier this year. It’s an auto ZHP with higher miles so wanted to see if I could get a better driving experience with it. The tune is for 93 octane only and nothing crazy, just better throttle and acceleration response, a few more HP if any that’s it. It did come with an option where you can switch some pops and bangs on and off, I keep it off, but you can hit a toggle button and be like all the E90 people haha. I can keep the tune installed, have it uninstalled or give the contact info to have it changed in the future. If someone buys it, I can do what they prefer.

Suspension: Lowered on H&R springs and I have the original springs as well. Fitment great, no rubbing or sounds when hit bumps.

Things to know/issues: I drive the car on the weekends and can just get in and go. Currently there are no warning lights on the dash or codes popping up. However, about a month ago I was driving it and a light came on for the P0597/Thermostat Heater Control Circuit Open. The car didn’t overheat or change temps at all and there were no noticeable changes in diving. For whatever reason the warning light went out after turning it on and off. I have driven it a bunch since then and I’d say every other time same thing happens, light comes on same code with no changes in driving or temps, coolant level ok. The last time it came on I did clear the code myself to see if it would come back after I checked all the connectors and wires. As of now it has not come back, but I assume it will eventually so this should be looked at in the future. Also as noted under yearly maintenance, it does have a slow crank that happens like every 5 drives but always starts, so a new starter is a possible future repair item. It’s just parked in my garage now and I don’t plan to drive it much since I decided to sell. I didn’t get to troubleshoot the thermostat in depth besides checking code and checking the connectors and wires to see if issue there. So, again I am not sure if it will need a new thermostat but I just need to mention this.

06/10/2022 UPDATE: Drove to work today, no lights, no issues. Light for windshield washer fluid low came on so I filled up but looks to have a small leak. I will see if I can replace or fix this weekend, but just had to mention. If I can think of anything else, I will add. I love the car and would keep it but can’t now.

PRICE: I have seen the high end and lower end prices these are going for lately. It’s like people just discovered this car existed and there is a lot more interest in them. Id rather sell to someone who actually cares about these cars, Facebook marketplace is outrageous these days!
    Anyway, I really have had a hard time deciding a sale price on this. It’s high mileage auto with some body issues and might need a thermostat. I had a guy offer me $6500 about a month ago but I was still on the fence at that time and decided not to sell and refuse to go back on Facebook.

With that being said, would somewhere in the ballpark of $4000. Please just let me know your thoughts, I have no idea. If this seems out of line, please just let me know and can adjust if this does not seem accurate. I will answer any questions you have and be completely transparent. I can also send videos of it starting and running all that stuff.

Name:  zhp3.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  68.4 KB

Name:  zhp1.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  zhp6.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  62.6 KB

Name:  zhp7.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  zhp8.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  61.0 KB

Name:  zhp5.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  46.8 KB

Name:  zhp10.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  77.6 KB

Name:  zhp9.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  82.6 KB

Name:  zhp4.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  56.1 KB
    Last edited by Incubus7d; 06-14-2022 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Price change

GLWS. That alcantara interior looks great. And I think $5k is very reasonable.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Lowered price to 4k

SOLD

Congrats.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles