This is my next project, probably going aftermarket helical setup unless I find a great deal on an M3 rear end in next few months.

But I've been wondering those who have went aftermarket, have you all bought reconditioned pumpkins with lsd already installed via like diffsonline.com or did you buy the LSD separately and get it installed to your differential carrier by a local shop.

Have seen some folks on the internet DIY e90 e87 wavetracs into their carriers and imagine its similar, I'd honestly think about DIYing as it honestly doesn't look incredibly complex but it seems hard to find internal parts, such as races, if something were to break while dissembling the open diff.

I had asked a bmw shop that I saw advertised lsd differential services but the owner made it seem like the extent of their LSD installation is installing pumpkins. which I can frankly do in the garage. So I'm curious what most do, the pumpkin price seems steep when I know what the individual unit costs, but is that the most common way folks get these in their cars?