Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Bird dropping etch stain on paint

I have about a 2inch x 2inch area of topical etching caused by bird droppings that sat there for about 20 hours in this hot Arizona heat. This is located next to the windshield nozzle on a 9-months old repainted hood. It looks etched into the clear coat and you can see it from 4 feet away. I tried removing the etching by car soap and water and also by Turtle Wax bug and tar but neither work. I've given up to prevent any self-made damage to the paint. Any ideas or should I let the detailer fix it as I plan to have my paint detailed in about 2 months? I looked at a few youtube videos, saw a person use VSS with swirl polishing machine , that did the job; www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhIM1a8oB_0

You're going to have to polish/remove some of the clear coat to remove the defect. Your painter might have some ideas if the detailer you plan to use doesn't. Good luck!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I applied general wax so that kind of cover up the etching. I will get the paint detailed in a few months and give an update if\how the etching got removed. I'm going to have to make it a habit to do a quick walk around the car after it's been driven for the day, especially in this heat, and wipe new droppings off asap. Thanks.