Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Cool Um•nitza Angel Eye Repair

This will help someone repair their Angel Eyes and avoid spending another $300 for a new set of Um•nitza Angel Eyes ( or other brands ) due to wiring issues. You cannot buy the Night Controller or the small male plugs on the Angel Eyes separately from Um•nitza. This DIY will explain how to do the repair for $20!

I recently had problems with one of my “Night Controllers” and the small wiring connectors on the Angel Eye that plugs into the night controller. The 24 gauge wire gets brittle from the hot engine bay and ends up breaking at the connection point on the night controller and at the plugs on the Angel Eyes.

On the night controller the red wire broke off the circuit board rendering both Angel Eyes inoperable. You can split the night controller case apart and reattach the wires to the circuit board if you can do soldering fairly well.

The small male plugs on the Angel Eyes that plug into the Night Controller break easily when the wire is brittle. This is especially susceptible when the wire is at a 90 degree bend right out of the controller. I had one Angel Eye flickering and one completely out on the drivers side. One wire was completely disconnected and the other was barely hanging on causing flickering. This is an easy fix if you know what male connector to buy, it’s a “JST-PH 2.0” available on Amazon for $8. The wire is 22AWG vs the smaller 24AWG that come connected to the Angel Eyes and they are soft silicone. These worked great for the repair but the Black and Red wires are reversed in the plug. Label them accordingly or swap the wires in the plug.

Here is the old plug vs the new plug, the red goes on the right side. You need to pry up the small plastic tab and remove the wire and swap the red and black. It’s not that difficult but they are so small you need a second pair of hands to assist and pull on the wire while you pry up slightly on the tab to release the wire.

Swapped: The ones above the battery are in the correct position.

All done!

"All parts sourced on Amazon"

JST-PH 2.0 Connectors- $8

10pcs Upgraded Tiny Whoop JST-PH 2.0 Male and Female Connector Cable for Battery JJRC H36 H67 Blade Inductrix E010 E013 https://a.co/d/34vD7oq

Water tight Self Solder Connectors- $10

Kuject 120PCS Solder Seal Wire Connectors, Self-Solder Heat Shrink Butt Connector Solder Sleeve Waterproof Insulated Electrical Butt Splice Wire Terminals for Marine Automotive Boat Truck Wire Joint https://a.co/d/8e9saag

Orion V4 LED Angel Eyes for BMW E39 , E46 , X5 , Z3 , E36 , E65 , E38-
    $269.99 plus Tax and Shipping.

https://umnitza.com/orion-v4-led-ang...6-e65-e38.html
    Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 07-17-2022 at 11:13 PM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Did their lifetime warranty not apply to the night controller or harness?
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Um•nitza Angel Eye Repair

I bought these from a member on the forum and they were new in the box with his original receipt uninstalled so in my case NO as their warranty is non transferable. Um•nitza doesn’t offer the night controllers or the small plugs for sale separately.

Even if they were warrantied I would have to remove the AE’s and the night controller, pay to ship them back and wait for a replacement. So for $20 and a bit of my time they are fixed.

Guarantee/Warranty

All parts are guaranteed to be first quality merchandise. No warranty is expressed or implied if the customer incurs damage due to improper installation techniques or abuse of the product. All special order parts, parts not available on the site and custom designed, and other types of specialty items are not returnable or refundable once the order is placed.

EXCLUSIONS — THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS CANNOT BE RETURNED OR EXCHANGED

1) Products that have been physically or aesthetically damaged or modified during installation - this includes headlights, fog lights, bumpers that have been painted, or similar customization.

2) Custom parts such as etched lenses.

3) Products purchased from the Closeout's category.

4) Special orders, i.e. any item that has been ordered on behalf of the client and 14 days has passed - those items may be in the catalog but not typically stocked or items not in the catalog that require atypical procurement terms.

Customers assume all liability and risk when using high performance products. There is no warranty, expressed or implied for any parts used during competition, track, AutoX, and/or driving school events. Warranty is non-transferable to non-original purchasers. Should a product not meet your expectations and you wish to file a dispute, all communication will continue through the intermediary dispute party.

No warranty is offered on electrical parts, unless they are defective within 30 days of purchase. No warranty on custom parts. Please inquire if the electrical/custom parts you purchased may have a different warranty.

For Lifetime warranty products (Predator, Xenon, and other like labeled and expressed products) warranty is handled as follows:
    Within 30 days are free replacement and free shipping to 48 Contiguous US States. Outside the US, shipping charges will apply, but the product replacement is free. Please contact us for your country shipping charge.
    After 30 days, $10 shipping and handling for Angel Eyes Products, $35 for International (non-48 states US). This is best done using paypal method or by clicking this link: Warranty Shipping and HandlingAlternatively, if you live within the proximity of our store, there is no shipping and handling charge for warranty items.
    After 30 days on Xenon or like products, we will require one of three things to happen - customer must send back the original part for testing, or, customer must agree to a deposit to insure return of defective part, or customer must send back all parts. Warranty valid for original purchaser only.
    Warranty for any and all products ranging from 30 days to Lifetime are good for the original purchaser for the product with the original purchase receipt only and only applicable if the receipt/invoice is part of the original email or written receipt proffered at the time of purchase.
    Any work performed as an install service is warranted for 60 days from date of install, unless otherwise noted on the receipt. Any install issue can be refunded a maximum of the total of the install fee performed.
    Customer is responsible for all shipping charges for returned to Umnitza - warranty, refund, or replacement. Umnitza will pay shipping to the customer if the product is defective or under the applicable warranty guidelines.
    The warranty expressed herein will not and does not protect you from Acts of God, normal wear and tear, or damage caused by natural or unnatural weather related disasters, collision, or engine failure.
    Umnitza provides no warranty coverage for you, your car, or any other associated items for damages to and/or failure of any non-Umnitza components on a vehicle, including though not limited to engine/components, electrical systems, light control modules, headlights, or any surrounding components.
    Any and all installation work performed is subject to the same terms and conditions set forth herein unless otherwise agreed to in advance with the customer. All installation work is limited to 30 days guarantee. Any damage, failure, re-installation, installation, or other work required from Umnitza for the customer will be billed at 75/hr past the 30 days. All work is warranted for 60 days from date of install, not date of receipt of product.
    We reserve the right to replace any lifetime warranty product with a similar functioning or looking product. If a similar or like product is not available at the time of repair/replacement, a new unit will be sent as a replacement of the original part. We reserve the right to attempt a repair on your item prior to any replacement. If a repair cannot be performed, we will replace the product. The substituted unit will perform either at the same or higher level than the original. Please be aware some products that were originally lifetime warranty products may at some point have become obsolete. We will do our best to accomodate an exchange for you to a newer equal value product with a small upgrade few in most cases.
    Several products carry a manufacturer's warranty. All parts with the exception of electrical, high performance and products already carrying their own warranty will be warranted for 1 month or 1000 miles. Some parts will reqiure up to 20 days to build and assemble. This may be due to a variety of reasons - custom parts, custom work, etc.

I had the V4s installed on my car a while back, does anyone know how to wire them so they turn on in position one (amber front side markers and rear tails illuminated) and then stay lit in position two when the headlights are illuminated? right now my V4s are only lit up in position 2 when everything is illuminated
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I had the V4s installed on my car a while back, does anyone know how to wire them so they turn on in position one (amber front side markers and rear tails illuminated) and then stay lit in position two when the headlights are illuminated? right now my V4s are only lit up in position 2 when everything is illuminated
    I tapped the trigger wire into the grey+brown stripe wire behind the LCM that connects to one of the rear tail lights, it's been working for 10 years.
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Nice job. This is one of the reasons why during install, I put all the drivers/controller inside of the headlight. Also keeps water away.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Nice job. This is one of the reasons why during install, I put all the drivers/controller inside of the headlight. Also keeps water away.
    Thanks… That’s a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by trancenation View Post
    I tapped the trigger wire into the grey+brown stripe wire behind the LCM that connects to one of the rear tail lights, it's been working for 10 years.
    Thank you for the heads up!
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover