Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Custom Alignment Tools - Corner Scale Levelers and Toe Jigs

Up for sale is a complete set of tools needed to DIY corner balance and align your car, all from the comfort of your own garage, at a decent cost savings over commercially available options.

I originally made this kit as a university student, using my engineering knowledge and skills to create something useful to me, without having to spend $$$$ on a similar setup. I’ve done a handful of alignments on my car and have validated this setup against an alignment and corner balance at a speed shop. After moving to California, I thought I’d spend a lot more time at the track, but life and other hobbies piqued my interest, so I’m letting this go to someone who can get more use out of it.

What this kit includes:
    Proform 5000 lb. scale kit w/ case
    4x corner scale balancing pads

• Fabricated from mild steel
    • Each pad has 9x omnitrack ball transfer bearings to allow for a true reading of camber and toe as it is adjusted
    • Bearing plates have hard stops welded to prevent overtravel (and consequently car falling off pad)

2x toe jigs (front and rear)

• Aluminum t-slot extrusion, features machined on a mill
    • Front has pins that press into hood latch holes, rear mounts to hooks in trunk

Metal ruler for measuring to string (graduations of 0.5 mm)
    2x string reels
    Laser level (for leveling the pads with each other)
    Digital angle gauge (magnetic, goes on your rotor to measure camber)
    Rack alignment tool (not perfect since it’s either slightly too long or too short, but still useful as you can work in delta)

Because most of the setup is custom (I think I’ve spent nearly 3 digit man-hours on this project) I’m happy to hop on a call with serious buyers and spin CAD. And of course, the engineering drawings and full CAD models (Solidworks) will be provided to the buyer.

I'm asking $1600 for the full setup. At this moment, I am not willing to part this kit out. Given how heavy the pads are, this will be a sale local to the SF Bay Area only. You are welcome to come by to my place in San Mateo, use my tools and try it out. Though I only have a 1 car garage and have not used it here since moving, so the pads are not adjusted and level in any way.

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZXrHnpTH2KF6FQT17

Last edited by t.er; 03-04-2023 at 10:55 PM.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Bump, am negotiable. Understood that it's a fairly niche product and homemade, lol

Weekend bump, get your alignment rig ready for the upcoming track season! Price adjusted - also open to partial trades with 17" square setup with high-performance summer tires with excellent tread left (PS4S, Conti ECS, Indy 500). And (niche thing) partial trade for a direct-drive bicycle trainer (Wahoo Kickr, as an example)

Corner balancing setup sold, toe jigs available - includes string reels, steering rack centering spacer (copy of TMS tool) + bungee cord to tension, and I'll throw in (buy) another ruler with 0.5 mm graduations to measure to the string (I gave it away with the scale setup).

Much quicker and cheaper than other off-the-shelf generic string jigs that require a lot of adjustment. $350 picked up in San Mateo