Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions regarding automatic convertible zhp?

Had a stick shift Z3M roadster and now 6 speed zhp for the last 6 years. Thinking my stickshift years may be over and contemplating a convertible zhp automatic. Just wondering what your thoughts are on the zhp convertible automatic? How dramatic is the difference? I assume they will still handle just as well as a 6 speed? What to look for in an automatic? Are there options to trade out there or would selling and buying be the better option. What are your thoughts and experiences. Thanks

Hi - I owned an '05 ZHP 6-speed convertible for 6 years up until 18 months ago and replaced it with an '06 325Ci convertible with the GM 5L40E.

My '06 325CI auto is great for the way I drive a convertible - Summer only, no racing. I don't miss my ZHP at all.

A ZHP automatic convertible would have the same, I believe GM 5L40E transmission and with an extra 50 horses, would be great.

Selling your car would be easy...finding a trade would be more difficult ...I suggest you sell and buy or buy and then sell after you found the right car.
    Last edited by Pilot05; 08-11-2022 at 04:48 AM.

Questions regarding automatic convertible zhp?

We had a 2006 330Cic with The Sport package with a automatic and it was significantly different to my 2003 ZHP 6 speed manual.

Now that has been replaced for the 4th time with a 2016 ///M235i Vert in 8 speed automatic and I still prefer the 6 speed ZHP

My DD is a 22 4Runner with a automatic.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

I drove Rando’s ZHP vert auto some years ago. The car had the Sprint Booster installed. That made a day and night difference. Sprint Booster FTW !

About selling your car, I agree finding the replacement and then selling the Z3M could be the way to go.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks for the responses. Sold my Z3M roadster to get the 330i. Plan will be to look around for and purchase an automatic zhp and move some of the mods over from my 330i to the automatic ie. peddle box, injen cold air intake, shark injector and possibly the headers putting my 330i back to stock before selling
    . The 330i now has the 3.64 differntial out of an automatic zhp so may put the original 3.07 back in as well. The 330i now has 149k miles silver/alcantara with extensive maintenance over the years. Any thoughts out there on this plan?

If you still have the original parts, then it's worth to remove those items before you sell the 330i. I assume you will DIY, so you won't pay labor for it.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by rkman View Post
    Had a stick shift Z3M roadster and now 6 speed zhp for the last 6 years. Thinking my stickshift years may be over and contemplating a convertible zhp automatic. Just wondering what your thoughts are on the zhp convertible automatic?.................
    Hey not to be a wise-guy, but is it possible that you may think your stick-shift days are over BECAUSE you are rocking a 3.64 rear diff?

I have to believe you are shifting far more often and far quicker than if you had the 3.07...Highway revs are probably uncomfortably high also...

Maybe you re-install the 3.07 and see if you still want the Automatic.
    Last edited by Pilot05; 08-12-2022 at 03:11 AM.

loved my zhp auto vert, a great car. AUTO was thr most produced version. Nothing special to look for in an auto differernt from manual. The steptronic shifting does not really add a ton, it's not as quick as today's 'auto-shifters'. As well, the drive by wire pedal response is a bit lacking to me. So, I added the Dinan s/w for Steptronic, paddle shifters, and the sprintbooster. Definitely enhanced the driving experience. All that being said I recently converted mine to manual.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Oh, and, if you want, I can sell you paddle shift kit.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

You may be on to something there. When I got the car it came with the 3.64. Didn't like it at first and thought I would quickly swap. Most of my driving is on back roads so I began to like the 3.64 after awhile and never got around to the swap. Although I have never driven a zhp with a 3.07 it intrigues me what it would be like. Most of my pleasure driving now is weekend cruises with my sweetie which inspires the search for a convertible auto which she can also drive. Thanks for the insight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast