Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

What floor jack do you use to lift the ZHP?

I can't believe I haven't asked this before.
    been ripping my hair out trying to find a good floor jack.

The current one I have (and really like) is the Husky 3-ton. I had a 2-ton craftsman before that, but after some sketchy lifts I stopped trusting it and insisted on a 3-ton floor jack. Theoretically a 2-ton floor jack would fulfill all my needs, as I'm never actually lifting the entire vehicle, but it better be a SOLID 2-ton, and not some "technically it does 2-ton" type of thing.

The problem with my 3-ton husky is it's too tall to lift the front in a useful way (w/o first putting blocks of wood). Looking at other floor jacks, They could conceivably work, but they need the necessary reach, and that means the rear jack mechanism needs to be necessarily low. Harbor freight jacks review well, but the long-reach low-profile 3-ton jack weighs upwards of 100lbs (currenty Husky is about 60). Also the thing must be properly massive, not practical for the garage.

Anyway, what jacks do you use?
    Everybody loves Fried Chicken

I use the Harbor Freight 1.5T racing jack. Weighs 33lbs so it's light enough. It's been great for everything I do.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I use the Harbor Freight 1.5T racing jack. Weighs 33lbs so it's light enough. It's been great for everything I do.
    Same
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Used to use HF Pittsburg jack before I bought a lift, they work fine.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I use a AC Hydraulic DK13HLQ 2800lb (link). It reaches the front jack point on the reinforcement plate of the zhp and the m3 which is a nice perk. The o-rings on the wheels make for quiet maneuvering on the concrete which is a nice feature. I love it but it's way overkill, and really pricey.

I also have two pairs of the Esco jack stands (link).

Had I known about the Quick Jacks back then I probably would have ponied up and gotten those and a light Harbor Freight jack.

Used to use the craftsman 3 ton jack, then moved to the MaxJax portable lift. Then I had the Arcan one from Costco. Now I'm using the HF Daytona 1.5T jack

I think I might get the home depot husky 3-ton low profile jack and sell my main husky 3-ton jack.

I was tempted by this one which looks all around better, but it weighs 100 lbs where mine weighs 62 and the low-profile husky weighs 78.

Actually, looking at that weight difference, I think I'll just keep the husky and play the game of lifting the car with blocks of wood.

There is no good low-profile aluminum floor jack that I could find, they all quickly become very tall, probably due to the limitations of aluminum.
    Everybody loves Fried Chicken