Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 TiAg ZHP

2004 TiAg ZHP

Hello Everyone!

Long time lurker and excited to start my project thread!

A bit of car background, I've always been into JDM cars and never really looked into anything European. In 2017, I was in search of a nice wagon to serve as my road trip/adventure car and discovered the E46 Touring. I fell in love with the platform after purchasing a 325XIT. I also discovered the ZHP at the same time but couldn't justify owning one since I already had a "fun" car (2016 STI) at the time. So I became a wierd lurker here and kept an eye on the market.

Fast forward a few years to 2020 and due to an unfortunate accident, I lost my pride and joy STI. I eventually replaced her with an IS350 but it just wasn't the car for me. Amazing daily driver with lots of creature comforts but I just missed the have a manual. Cars are also getting way too big and I missed having something a little smaller. I sold the Lexus and began hunting for a smaller compact car with a 6MT. After failing to find something interesting (GR86 was at the top of my list), I decided to finally start looking into the ZHP again.

After searching for a few months and missing a few deals, I finally found the one for me and picked her up over the labor day weekend! I flew with my wife to Seattle, WA and drove the car back to San Diego, CA. What a blast! Definitely a keeper car! Plans are to keep up with maintenance and to keep her as OEM as possible (maybe aftermarket shocks/struts like Konis?). Not many photos yet as a I was rushing home to pick up my dogs (dropped them off suddenly with friends to make the flight to Seattle).

Picking her up in Seattle

Rest stop at my folks home

Washing off the road grime at home

Some photos of fun cars past:
    2021 IS350: Comfy as heck but also pretty boring. Thought it was a more mature move but just ended up not liking it...

2016 STI: The first car I ever purchased new and paid off. Called the dealership to place an order the moment I was promoted to a full time position from an intern. Still upset that she's gone from my life.

Welcome to the forum. ZHP looks nice, I think I remember seeing that one listed here locally in Seattle.

My old ZHP is living it's best life just north of you in LA in a garage full of other E46/E9x BMWs. I tried to buy it back a few years ago for my teenage daughter but the guy wasn't selling.

Anyhow, enjoy! You still have the E46 touring?

Jeff
    E90 M3
    F15 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

Congrats ! Your ZHP looks great. How many miles on the clock ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
    Welcome to the forum. ZHP looks nice, I think I remember seeing that one listed here locally in Seattle.

My old ZHP is living it's best life just north of you in LA in a garage full of other E46/E9x BMWs. I tried to buy it back a few years ago for my teenage daughter but the guy wasn't selling.

Anyhow, enjoy! You still have the E46 touring?
    Thank you! Sadly no, the E46 touring was sold when I moved to a smaller apartment and did not have space to work on anything. Replaced with a 6MT Crosstrek which then got replaced by a 4runner (my 2nd dog got a little bigger than I expected).

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Congrats ! Your ZHP looks great. How many miles on the clock ?
    Thank you! 97K at the moment. I actually purchased it from BaT (I believe you posted the car in the for sale section).

Congratz on the ZHP and welcome!

This is more for advanced users who are already familiar with the E46 platform but might be worth checking out if you've already worked on your previous Touring and are now considering suspension stuff for the ZHP: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...M-SACHS-Setup)
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by S2Ace View Post
    Thank you! 97K at the moment. I actually purchased it from BaT (I believe you posted the car in the for sale section).
    I remember now.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Congrats, and welcome!

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Minor updates. Just keeping up with maintenance items over the past 2 weeks:

-Fuel pump
    -Rebuilt the DISA valve with GAS kit
    -Purge valve (threw an SES light)

No pictures for the above 3 items since it was raining and I just wanted to get things done.

A few cosmetic items showed up today:
    -Replacement fender liner (original tore from highway debris during Seattle -> SD trip)
    -Front plate holder delete

10 minute front plate delete turned into a 2 hour job after finding a weird device sitting behind the old front plate bracket

Turned out to be a Laser jammer for a K40 system...took a while to figure out what it was since the labels were old and worn away. Explains these tucked away cables.

Front plate delete finally done

Didn't get to this today but dash cam wiring using home link connector:

Next up for maintenance:
    -Cooling refresh kit from FCP. Previous owner did some work but replaced as they failed. I hate having to drain the radiator every time so I decided just to order the kit and to replace most of the system. Some of the older addressed items (lower radiator hose) was done more than 10 years ago...

-Clean ICV valve (some bouncing of the RPMs at cold start)

-Diff mount, Transmission Mount, Trans oil and diff oil change
    Last edited by S2Ace; 09-14-2022 at 07:21 AM.

Looks great! I wish the front plate delete/relocation was as easy on coupes as they are on sedans

Congrats, the car looks great!
    Looking forward to the progress, especially the dash cam and wiring!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast