Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Freon Checklist

Freon Checklist

Last time my AC got lame some freon did the trick. But I want to know:

1. I assume refreshing the freon is super easy that even I can do it in under 10 minutes?
    2. Is there anything subtle to look out for while doing it that an amateur might miss and screw up something?
    3. Is there a check I should do before assuming it is freon?
    4. How often do you guys replace freon in these e46? I think its been about 2 years for me, and I live in South FL so it is on every day pretty much

Is something like this for $40 ok?
    https://www.amazon.com/Professional-.../dp/B007USCM7E
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

Unless you have a leak you should not need Freon. Overcharging the system can be a bad idea - you need to know how much (by weight) you have in the system before charging. Use the proper refrigerant.

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...gerant.984512/
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

DO NOT USE THAT SHIT.

I fucked up my entire AC system using that shit.

DON'T.

Go to a place that has a machine, have them pull the freon, vacuum the system, and refill it with the right quantity and some oil. If your freon is low, it has a leak that needs plugging. Have them find it.
    Everybody loves Fried Chicken

i know everyone says to vacuum and refill by weight, but can't you also use a proper manifold gauge and fill until you have the proper pressures taking into account ambient temperature and humidity? I think a lot of people do this and have decent results.
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

lol, I'm gonna get so flamed for this but I also have a small leak. Once a year the passenger's side turns warm and the driver's side gets weak - one $20 can later and it's back to ice-cold. Been doing this once a year for the past 5-6 years without any hiccups. YMMV... definitely better to get it done with manifold gauges, but meh
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

If you trust that shitty gauge and shitty nozzle with your AC system, by all means.

One slip up and you'll have a whole shitshow on your hands though
    Everybody loves Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    lol, I'm gonna get so flamed for this but I also have a small leak. Once a year the passenger's side turns warm and the driver's side gets weak - one $20 can later and it's back to ice-cold. Been doing this once a year for the past 5-6 years without any hiccups. YMMV... definitely better to get it done with manifold gauges, but meh
    LOL
    My kinda solution but I know is not fundamentally sound...
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

Autozone.com
    I've had my car for 5 years now and have never needed to replace or top up refrigerant in that time. My AC still blows cold. You might want to check for leaks.

That being said, check the ChrisFix video, he did the DIY method on an E46 so you can see the exact steps which is nice.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT