Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Bluebus Connectivity Issues

Hi All

Curious if any of you Bluebus users have had the same hiccups that I've been running into occasionally. First and foremost when the Bluebus is connected, it works flawlessly for both music and telephone calls (outside of the idling RPM audio/buzzing feedback.) It pairs within seconds of starting the car, and auto-play (or toggling to BT if i'm on a call) will happen automatically and seamlessly.

My Bluebus doesn't connect to my phone sometimes on start up. Usually this happens on a day where I'm running errands and I'm in and out of the car constantly turning it on and off. There is no rhyme or reason here, but maybe after 3-4 times of shutting my car off throughout the day and turning it back on, the Bluebus won't connect to my phone. My stereo says "no device" if I hit one of the radio buttons forgot which one exactly, and my phone also confirms that I'm not connected the Bluebus.

- If I try to connect to Bluebus manually in my phone BT settings, it says "unable to connect please make sure blah blah in range"
    - Even when it doesn't connect, it is still speaking to my radio - I confirmed in the Bluebus settings on my stereo that it is discoverable and pairing is on, still nothing when I try to connect.
    - Tried to toggle to the radio for a little and then back to Bluebus - nothing.
    - Shut the car off and turned it back on, still not discoverable
    - Even if I "forget this device" on my phone and try to re-connect in bluetooth, Bluebus doesn't even show up as a recognized device.

It seems like it isn't booting up for bluetooth connectivity, but it is still plugged in and my radio shows all the settings/options. Unfortunately the only remedy here is time. Usually I have to wait at least a few hours or even overnight before the bluebus kicks back on and shows up as a recognized device to connect to my phone.

Anyone have similar issues? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    No hiccups when I installed my BlueBus...
    Yes of course because everything you do is flawless right?

Quote Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
    Yes of course because everything you do is flawless right?
    Why you got to be like that Johnathan?

Just saying I haven't had an issue as of yet . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Why you got to be like that Johnathan?

Just saying I haven't had an issue as of yet . . .

Ayyy cmon Charlie you know I'm pulling your chain. But there is some truth to that since you are the most thorough, OCD, member on here hahaha. You should change your name to the ZHP Doctor :D

Ayyy cmon Charlie you know I'm pulling your chain. But there is some truth to that since you are the most thorough, OCD, member on here hahaha. You should change your name to the ZHP Doctor :D

Hi All

Curious if any of you Bluebus users have had the same hiccups that I've been running into occasionally. First and foremost when the Bluebus is connected, it works flawlessly for both music and telephone calls (outside of the idling RPM audio/buzzing feedback.) It pairs within seconds of starting the car, and auto-play (or toggling to BT if i'm on a call) will happen automatically and seamlessly.

My Bluebus doesn't connect to my phone sometimes on start up. Usually this happens on a day where I'm running errands and I'm in and out of the car constantly turning it on and off. There is no rhyme or reason here, but maybe after 3-4 times of shutting my car off throughout the day and turning it back on, the Bluebus won't connect to my phone. My stereo says "no device" if I hit one of the radio buttons forgot which one exactly, and my phone also confirms that I'm not connected the Bluebus.

- If I try to connect to Bluebus manually in my phone BT settings, it says "unable to connect please make sure blah blah in range"
    - Even when it doesn't connect, it is still speaking to my radio - I confirmed in the Bluebus settings on my stereo that it is discoverable and pairing is on, still nothing when I try to connect.
    - Tried to toggle to the radio for a little and then back to Bluebus - nothing.
    - Shut the car off and turned it back on, still not discoverable
    - Even if I "forget this device" on my phone and try to re-connect in bluetooth, Bluebus doesn't even show up as a recognized device.

It seems like it isn't booting up for bluetooth connectivity, but it is still plugged in and my radio shows all the settings/options. Unfortunately the only remedy here is time. Usually I have to wait at least a few hours or even overnight before the bluebus kicks back on and shows up as a recognized device to connect to my phone.

Anyone have similar issues? Thanks
    >outside of the idling RPM audio/buzzing feedback
    This can be fixed with a ground loop isolator. Email me for more info, but it's a $12 amazon piece with a $15 set of adapter wires I can hand make for you.

>My Bluebus doesn't connect to my phone sometimes on start up.
    Does this happen during the summer, or is it a fall / winter / early spring thing? Believe it or not, some (very few) 1.x hardware BlueBus units are sensitive to the ambient air temperature. This can be resolved with a retrofit board that I can solder onto the unit.

The best way to get support is support@bluebus.dev -- Someone else mentioned me not seeing their post on the forum so I got here from a Google search :P

Thanks!
    -Ted

Hey Ted,

Great product!

Can you go into a bit more detail about the "$12 amazon piece with a $15 set of adapter wires" you're referring to? At idle, I do have a bit of noise in my audio system when on pause with the BlueBus (and a slight chirp every time the display updates). Is that something the ground loop isolator could remedy?

2004 E46 330ci ZHP Coupe | Mystic Blue/Black Leather