Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Talk to me about laminex for fogs...

So, I just installed black grilles on my I/R. I was going to go RCR in the rear and clear corners and sides to make it all match, but I'm now thinking that I don't mind the amber and can even embrace it by making the fogs match. Also, embracing the amber is very cost-effective, since laminex is 20 bucks, and changing all the lights (OEM) is hundreds of dollars.

So, I found yellow laminex on EAS's site. Any experience? Does the yellow match the amber? Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

mb
    - Marc

Your HIDs are already 4300k (aka yellow).

If you really wanted french fogs, I'd look into 3000k HIDs. Therefore when you want them on, you get that pure yellow look, and when their off they don't look out of place.

Laminx is O.K. if you have any kinks on your fogs or anything that isn't perfect, the film will multiply it 100% and make it look like crap. Keep that in mind

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

thanks for the info! It sounds like a cheap and less than ideal solution. I have no idea about lighting and what color output particular hid fogs produce. Prob best to leave it alone.

Conversely, how do you make your fogs match the xenons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    thanks for the info! It sounds like a cheap and less than ideal solution. I have no idea about lighting and what color output particular hid fogs produce. Prob best to leave it alone.

Conversely, how do you make your fogs match the xenons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you want the fogs to match the xenons, you're going to have to go the HID route, and get a 4300k HID Kit

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Decide for yourself. Since I seem to be one of the only people left with ambers () I may be one of the only ones to provide pics of ambers WITH yellow lamin-x:

When not on, you can't really tell they're yellow unless you look close. When they're on, they look amazing in person.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

They are stunning BP.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I like it! I'm also going to grab one of those CCA emblems.
    - Marc

Does anyone make amber laminex?
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    Does anyone make amber laminex?
    I wish. I looked into this when I was researching LED facelift tails for sedans and couldn't find any sort of lamin-x or film that I could apply to the rear turns. They only come in R/C/R and I do not like clears. The film/lamin-x would have fit the bill perfectly, but even if they did make it in amber, it wouldn't be precut for just the turn signals; it would be pre-cut for the entire light.

I think it is possible to order a sheet of the stuff though so I'm thinking perhaps I could cut my own smoked lamin-x or something...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.