Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    I don't care about all that crap. You're driving a car, not working on a spreadsheet. I similarly disagree with how big phones have gotten and I'm using and hoarding original iPhone SEs.

All you need is simple onscreen cues. The only thing I would want is seamless integration between the phone and the car unit. Phones are better touch-input devices than built in screens in cars simply because of the ergonomics.

Does this go against what the car industry is doing? For the most part yes. Do I care/does it matter? No.

Here is Porsche's solution that I find very elegant:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=553l5ZrkyYU
    Well everyone has their own definition of what the perfect setup is. I'd consider myself an enthusiast/purist, and what you describe is still too much technology. I prefer my setup and would like to see that in more cars again, but like az3579 says, we never will.

Name:  DSC06476.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  594.5 KB
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    With regards to cars -
    When my E46's are no longer viable, anything else I'd want to purchase to replace them by then would be unattainable (hell, some of those cars are unattainable now). How many manual, non-electric cars do you think will be attainable or even available in 10-20 years? Wagons, you can even forget about. What options would I be left with? You guessed it, automatic electric SUVs or trucks, all the stuff I don't want. This may not happen overnight, but by the time I need to find something else that makes sense, things will be a lot more difficult.

So, who's forcing me? You tell me.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    I don't know, the price of a new car vs the price of a used car + paying the mechanic to fix everything, I find the latter to be the better option. Might take some shopping, but... so?
    Everybody loves Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    I don't know, the price of a new car vs the price of a used car + paying the mechanic to fix everything, I find the latter to be the better option. Might take some shopping, but... so?
    From my perspective, it would take a very, very long time to reach the price of an equivalent new car by fixing/maintaining an older one. Just the thought of the yearly taxes on a new car make my eyes water, and insurance also is more. Let's not forget that the new car will still need maintenance after some time, and that's getting far more expensive now due to the anti-repair mentality a lot of automakers now have.

These points are why it's important to DIY as much as you can if you have an older car, and make friends that have lifts, tools, and skills. These are essential to keeping an old car on the road. For me, it's definitely preferable to spending $1000+ per month on an equivalent new vehicle as a required monthly payment plus the thousand+ in taxes every year in my state, versus spending maybe a couple of grand in an entire year for bits and bobs throughout the year (assuming I don't want to mod).

Nobody likes having a car payment, and a high one at that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12