Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Plugs and Coil replacement - how did you reach the plug in the back (cylinder 6?)

I was changing the coils and plugs today per a YouTube video today and they pull the first cylinder and then just say do the same with the rest. I can't figure out the best way to access the one in the back.

There's no access at all from the left, and above there's the black tray that is below the vents in the hood near the windshield. No doubt I could fish the coil in and out but to put the plug in does that tray above the rear cylinder have to come out? I haven't read that as being the case anywhere but I don't see how I'm going to get a socket with extension unless there's a tool I'm lacking for this.

The 5th cylinder was tricky too but I was able to take my ratchet apart and kind of drop things in and assemble my ratchet it a way I could -just- get the plug in and out...

Suggestions appreciated on how you guys did this!

Name:  s2GZRkA.jpeg
Views: 790
Size:  285.0 KB
    '05 ZHP Coupe 6MT | Imola Red w/ Natural Brown
    M3 Mirrors | BMW Performance Airbox & Strut Brace | AC Schnitzer Pedals | Weathertech Mats | Homelink Transmitter | OEM First Aid Box | Dynavin N7 Pro

If black tray meaning cabin filter housing, it comes out with 4 screws, and the harness unclips from it

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    If black tray meaning cabin filter housing, it comes out with 4 screws, and the harness unclips from it
    this ^^^

You remove the cabin air filter housing and then you have very easy access to the #6 ignition coil and spark plug.

Thanks - Feel like "cabin air housing" were the words missing in my Google tries...
    '05 ZHP Coupe 6MT | Imola Red w/ Natural Brown
    M3 Mirrors | BMW Performance Airbox & Strut Brace | AC Schnitzer Pedals | Weathertech Mats | Homelink Transmitter | OEM First Aid Box | Dynavin N7 Pro