Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Help Interpret My PPI

Hi all. New to the forum and looking to join the fold.

I had a PPI done on a car yesterday and need some quick help interpreting the results. I know there is a lot of deferred maintenance, that was not unexpected.

The tech's notes stated the following:

"THE CAR HAS A VERY ODD PEDAL FEEL AS THE CAR WILL ACCEL AND DECEL WHILE MAINTAIN
    CONSTANT THROTTLE PRESSURE"

Any ideas?

The pics below are the codes that came up in a scan. Anything of concern?

Name:  PPI - Codes Page 001.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  145.8 KB
    Name:  PPI - Codes Page 002.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  151.7 KB

TIA

Hi WiINJ, and welcome to the Mafia! First post and already some trouble!

I am no help at all and my feeble knowledge about the codes doesn't compute with the symptoms described as changes in RMP with a constant throttle input.

No communication with fuel pump seems very weird.

Hopefully more knowledgeable folks will chime in.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Eh, I wouldn't worry about all the faults reported, these cars like to report every little thing that may or may not matter (for example, AUC fault could mean the little filter in the housing on the fan shroud went bad so it won't auto recirc/vent properly - but that doesn't really matter). I'd only be concerned if any of the dash lights were on, CEL codes, or if something was apparently wrong (for example, wonky HVAC blowing as a result of FSR).

As for the tech's note, I wonder if there's a vacuum leak. Did you get a chance to drive the car yourself, did it reflect what the tech said?

I'd also like to add, maybe you just didn't mention it but I'm surprised the tech didn't note down any leaks which are plenty common in these cars, along with bad suspension bushings. Might be hard to discern age of cooling system components unless you can see any dates on visible labels
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Hi WiINJ, and welcome to the Mafia! First post and already some trouble!

I am no help at all and my feeble knowledge about the codes doesn't compute with the symptoms described as changes in RMP with a constant throttle input.

No communication with fuel pump seems very weird.

Hopefully more knowledgeable folks will chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't worry about all the faults reported, these cars like to report every little thing that may or may not matter (for example, AUC fault could mean the little filter in the housing on the fan shroud went bad so it won't auto recirc/vent properly - but that doesn't really matter). I'd only be concerned if any of the dash lights were on, CEL codes, or if something was apparently wrong (for example, wonky HVAC blowing as a result of FSR).

As for the tech's note, I wonder if there's a vacuum leak. Did you get a chance to drive the car yourself, did it reflect what the tech said?

I'd also like to add, maybe you just didn't mention it but I'm surprised the tech didn't note down any leaks which are plenty common in these cars, along with bad suspension bushings. Might be hard to discern age of cooling system components unless you can see any dates on visible labels
    Thanks for the replies. Hopefully I can be a little more forthcoming with what I'm up to in a few days.

It's all part of an adventure I've deprived myself of too long.