Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Gotta watch out for this one. At some point, BMW started listing the maximum-load pressures on the door jamb. On my M3, the door jamb values are something like 42F and 48R... but if you look in the manual, the correct pressures for 4 passengers or less is something along the lines of 34/38. Car drives much better on the proper pressures (well, I run 36 all around)
    Thanks Terra. So you're saying owners manual supercedes door jam pressures? Or that door jam is max, and owners manual is normal op pressure?

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I believe the door jamb gives the pressures necessary to safely operate at the max gvwr which will probably coincide with (or at least be pretty close to) the tire's max cold pressure.

What you actually run should be a compromise between wear, grip and load - obviously favoring load.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Words of wisdom

-Pswirley, "Your car does not have a female acquisition magnet...Quit looking for it or expecting hot 18 year olds to jump in your ride as you cruise by the college."
    I love this post...so much truth! However, the above may not be true. Okay, so it might not have a female acquisition magnet (I wish!), but I DID get a wave and a nice smile from a very pretty girl while driving down the highway today! More likely it was just a friendly Christmas gesture, but we can dream otherwise, right?

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    -Your car is not fast.
    Quoted for truth

This forum rocks...

That is all.
    “In Paris they just simply opened their eyes and stared when we spoke to them in French! We never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language.” - M. Twain

2006 ZHP Vert.
    Monaco Blue
    Blue top, leather interior.

This is exactly why the forum exists. Thanks Silber.

Quote Originally Posted by Silber92 View Post
    Hey Ryan, welcome to the gang! You truly won't find a better group than the folks on this forum.

I'm on my third E46 vert, and if there are any questions you've got about your potential purchase, I or anyone here will do their best to answer them for you.

Plus if you're ever in my neck of the woods (just south of I-70 near Kingdom City) please give me a shout. Always looking for other local enthusiasts to talk Bimmers with.

Cheers, Michael
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Bump

Sent from my S8+

What low profile jack and jackstands would you recommend? Currently don't have any because I do all work to my car in my bosses' shop, but I'm gonna need some when I get my baby up to university.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The ole Harbor Freight Pittsburg low profile jack works fine at a good price. You have to be wary of HF stuff but that one works. As for stands, no particular recommendation that I know of, just buy good ones that meet the specs (weight of the car) and have a pin for safety.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast