Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

135i BMWP calipers and ZCP M3 rotors: longer lines?

upgrading my front discs to ZCP diameter 345x28 with new carrier brackets. anyone know if I will need to purchase longer brake lines?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Are you running factory lines right now? The majority of the aftermarket SS lines are already M3 length.

I believe the fronts are factory but I’d have to double check my purchase history

I would also assume that the brake lines aren’t model specific (i.e. 330i body and 135i calipers and utilizing E46 M3 lines)
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Yes, the lines are definitely longer. I am running 135 calipers with stock 330 rotors. I think my lines are from ECS. I will check my log and let you know what lines I have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Yes, the lines are definitely longer. I am running 135 calipers with stock 330 rotors. I think my lines are from ECS. I will check my log and let you know what lines I have.

This is the lines that I am using:
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...024422ecs01~a/

I have them for 3 years.

Yup, you need longer ones.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    This is the lines that I am using:
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...024422ecs01~a/

I have them for 3 years.

I ordered these prior to checking back in for any updates here. You’re saying these won’t be long enough?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-turner-m...022752tms01~a/

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I ordered these prior to checking back in for any updates here. You’re saying these won’t be long enough?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-turner-m...022752tms01~a/
    I am nor sure. The link that you sent shows different ECS part number. The link that I sent you, is the part that I have installed on my car and it works great.
    You can probably call ECS and check the length for both parts.

Yeah, the lines and pads I ordered aren’t shipping out until 24th so I could call and check.

The ones I ordered were Turner zinc coated lines with lower profile hardware. They “appear” to be the same length as the ones you linked.

I called ECS today to see if the lines I have ordered are longer than OE: the customer service rep said and I quote “we don’t sell any brake lines that are longer than OE lines”

The ones I ordered are TMS ones, so I’ll call the Monday to see what they say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast