Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Wheel size for 300Ci ZHP

Hey guys,

Ive been looking to get some CSL(ish) style wheels for my 330Ci, and although ive noticed before being mentioned in the forums here that they wont fit; those posts were typically referring to the 330i 4dr. I was looking to get the VMR V703 (VB3) wheels 19x8.5 ET 40 for the front and 19x9.5 ET 45 for the rear. I would be coming from the stock 18x8 front and 18x8.5 rear.

I would be bringing the sidewall down a bit on the front and back (35 front and 30 back) to compensate for the change in size, the new offsets should be good enough to counter the change in width too. I'm not really seeing any reason that this shouldn't work out, is there something else that I'm missing? Again, this is for the 2dr ZHP, its an 05 in case anyone was wondering the year.

so to visualize the size before and after:

Front: 225/40/18 >>> 235/35/19
    Rear: 255/35/18 >>> 265/30/19

For the offsets, I do have options for the rear ones, I could do ET 33 or 50 as well. The keeping the at ET 50 for the rear seems like a good option, just things will be a bit tucked inwards more. Ill have to go outside and measure it out again just to be more thorough on things working out.

Let me know what you guys think or if anyone has tried this with changing tire sizes; without having to roll fenders or anything serious.
    P.S. I could just do this with the 18s that they have on the site, but where's the fun in that. ;P

Thanks for any input

Ive never been great at wheel sizes, more specifically offsets and tire sizes. Thankfully, I have been able to rely on those more knowledgeable on this forum for the advice. That being said, I as well as a few others on this site are running the same 19x8.5F/9.5R setups. I dont recall what my tire sizes are (possibly in the first post of my build thread) but it fits PERFECTLY on my lowered ZHP sedan.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Hey,

I had a feeling they should fit, just visually inspecting them leads me to believe there's enough room. Would you happen to know what your offsets are, did you go with the OEM CSL style from BMW or did you go with something like the wheels I listed. Is there any rubbing at all(like rare cases of rubbing) or is it 100% clear? The tire sizes ive listed should work since im basically offsetting the increase in size of the wheel by lowering the height of the tire; so the only area thats changing the most is the depth of the tire into the wheel wells really.

Would you mind grabbing the tire sizes for me(assuming you have the car and the wheels on there) so i can use them as a proof of concept before i make any changes. Ill most likely go with whatever sizes you have if they have no issues like you said. Also, just to be thorough with my questions, you didnt roll fenders or anything like that correct; I assumed you didnt since it wasnt mentioned, but just want to be sure.

Thanks

I have run 19 inch BBS CH wheels on my first ZHP without any issues and they were set up like this:

19x8.5 ET35 235/35ZR19 front / 19x9.5 ET40 255/30ZR19 rear

I kept these wheels when I sold my ZHP and will be using them on my current ZHP with Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 tires (same sizes) on them. But these wheels fit for a sedan and you're looking for wheels to fit for a coupe.

Sorry for the late reply, but if those numbers worked for you with no issues, it sounds like I should be good to go with the offsets that I mentioned. Granted ill be getting these for a coupe. Basically ill be on the same wheels you have including tire, just offsets will be 40 for the front and 45 for the back. I can contact the vendor too for any final fitment related questions now that i think about it. But I think I got a pretty good idea of what im looking at here with this setup.

Thanks for the help.

When I get to put them on, ill circle back here to guarantee confirm fitment in case anyone else was in the same boat.

I mirrored Charlie’s exact wheel/tire setup at his direction. Sorry for the late response
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by DatZHP View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, but if those numbers worked for you with no issues, it sounds like I should be good to go with the offsets that I mentioned. Granted ill be getting these for a coupe. Basically ill be on the same wheels you have including tire, just offsets will be 40 for the front and 45 for the back. I can contact the vendor too for any final fitment related questions now that i think about it. But I think I got a pretty good idea of what im looking at here with this setup.

Thanks for the help.

When I get to put them on, ill circle back here to guarantee confirm fitment in case anyone else was in the same boat.
    I think for your coupe you should be okay with this setup

Style 197 is my oem version of a poor man’s CSL style - they are 18” and similar spec as the 135’s without going with an aftermarket option (BBS, Avant garde, etc)

Name:  7CBDF52F-0CBA-414F-AF77-2A455D1698B4.jpeg
Views: 1769
Size:  335.1 KB
    2006 330Cic | Monaco Blue on Natural Brown | 6MT ZHP ZPP ZCP NAVI