Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Ya I’m considering getting the tool. Something like this should work, right?

https://a.co/d/61E8cpo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That might work? But I would just get this one: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-tool-cta-3466
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Power Steering Pump Failed... Options?

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    +1

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I’m having a hard time trying to disconnect the hoses at the radiator end. I’m also replacing the coolant lines, so may just remove the expansion tank so make it easier as the coolant is drained out anyway.
    If you do remove the expansion tank, you'll have better access to the fitting. I did it from the other side after removing the headlight. Using two pairs of pliers you can pull it back pretty easily. Tip; push it on a little as you're squeezing... Slid right off for me.
    -Chris

Hi Chris. Glad to hear that everything is well and you still have ZHP!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

One other tip for anyone replacing a steering component or flushing/bleeding the system…

I found this hack for turning the wheels while stationary; Apply a thin film of grease to two vinyl tiles and drive the the front wheels onto them before starting the work. This way the wheels can be turned effortlessly and it isn’t necessary to have the front end off the ground. In this clip I was literally using one finger to turn the steering wheel with my right hand while reaching in through the window.
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    One other tip for anyone replacing a steering component or flushing/bleeding the system…

I found this hack for turning the wheels while stationary; Apply a thin film of grease to two vinyl tiles and drive the the front wheels onto them before starting the work. This way the wheels can be turned effortlessly and it isn’t necessary to have the front end off the ground. In this clip I was literally using one finger to turn the steering wheel with my right hand while reaching in through the window.
    B R I L L I A N T ! ! !

BTW - I ended up going with a $200 Meyle PS pump, LF-20, from Bimmerworld. I’ve shyed away from Meyle stuff in the past, but it has a 4-yr warranty so I shouldn’t have to replace it again for a while. While I was in there I replaced all the hoses, and also popped off the alternator and did the OFHG. Was a fairly easy job - just hard to clean around it before removing it so cleaning was tedious to ensure nothing got into the block. I also ended up choosing a Dex III ATF for the PS fluid. Seems to work fine…will report back if I have any issues.

Love seeing shiny new parts…

Name:  IMG_2411.jpeg
Views: 1338
Size:  33.2 KB
    Last edited by cornercarver; 05-21-2023 at 10:30 AM.
    -Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12