Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    If your car has SOS & you didn't pull the wire(s) for that before plugging in a non-SOS mirror the result will be a damaged mirror, from what I've read.
    +1

You need to remove pins 4, 5, 6, & 7 from the mirror plug first and fold those wires back and out of the way before plugging in the auto dim mirror. I provided the link for you to review before plugging in the new mirror. Did you go thru the link I provided above???

Since the day I got my car, my mirror hasn't had any SOS markings on it. So the failed mirror was non-SOS. I had assumed that meant my car was not pre-wired for SOS (if it was...why wouldn't that old mirror have died much sooner).

The replacement mirror (that failed immediately) didn't have any SOS markings on it. So I had assumed it was ok to install.

I have an '04 ZHP. Were those wired for SOS from the factory? I have my build sheet...and I see no markings of SOS on that.

2004 E46 330ci ZHP Coupe | Mystic Blue/Black Leather

Quote Originally Posted by 2004_blue_zhp View Post
    Since the day I got my car, my mirror hasn't had any SOS markings on it. So the failed mirror was non-SOS. I had assumed that meant my car was not pre-wired for SOS (if it was...why wouldn't that old mirror have died much sooner).

The replacement mirror (that failed immediately) didn't have any SOS markings on it. So I had assumed it was ok to install.

I have an '04 ZHP. Were those wired for SOS from the factory? I have my build sheet...and I see no markings of SOS on that.
    I suspect your car is wired up for BMW Assist (having pins 4, 5, 6, and 7 populated in the plug. Just pull the plug, look at it to verify if those pins are populated in the car wiring harness side (you will see a solid white and solid green wire populating those pins) of the plug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12