Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Adding an auxiliary fuse box---best place to tap to a switched fuse slot or wire

Gents,

Good morning. In order to maintain the stock look of my interior as much as possible, I purchasd and in the process of installing this 10" front/rear view mirror camera system so that I have a back up camera capability without taking out the Business CD stereo (I want to retain the stock look).

For any non-standard devices in my vehicles, I always install an auxiliary fuse box along with a relay that's switched by a switched wire (like the ignition wire or from the fuse box). I have a spare Blue Seas fuse box that I took of my 2014 VW TDi (yes, it was bought back by VW because of their cheat software scandal---was a great car though!)

Auxiliary fuse box

Two questions:

1) In the glove box fuse panel, is fuse #26 (the one used for garage door opener) the best fuse slot to use as a switched source?

2) If not to #1 above, does anyone have a chart for a 2003 that has the color of the ignition wire in the steering column or an alternate place in the vehicle to tap a switched wire?

I like that unit!
    You can for sure find a switched +12V source in there somewhere, even the light in the glove compartment could be a source of power.
    Other who have rigged electrical connections in that fuse box may have more specific ideas.
    Show us what it looks like once installed.
    Good luck
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg