Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok I found a bunch of filters recently that supposedly fit the Performance Intake and here's the comparisons. I cant tell if the filters have date stamps or just random serial numbers so I cannot be sure what year they were made.Im not sure if more pleats equals better filtering but I counted them anyway.
    1) NAPA ProSelect: 98 Pleats. Made in China. No metal reinforcement on the back so very flimsy. Rubber is super soft. Filter medium seemed shorter than the others. This was the cheapest filter I bought.
    2) WIX (orange filter): 95 Pleats. Made in China. metal reinforcement on back. Rubber is super soft.
    3) WIX (white filter): 83 Pleats. Made in USA. Metal reinforcement on back. Rubber is stiffer than WIX orange.
    4) MAHLE: 93 Pleats. Made in China. Metal reinforcement on back. Rubber is equal stiffness to WIX white.
    5) Purolater: 62 Pleats. Made in USA. Metal reinforcement on back. rubber is medium stiffness. I was surprised at this one. According to that YouTube video I linked above, the Purolater filtered better than most others, like the WIX. Has much less pleats than the others. Maybe that does not mean much for the performance.

Any questions just ask!

2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Does the metal reinforcement mesh prevent any filter from fitting into the performance airbox?
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Does the metal reinforcement mesh prevent any filter from fitting into the performance airbox?
    I haven’t changed my filter yet but I would not think so. I was able to bend few of them into shape without much effort
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

What’s the recommendation based off all the ones you bought?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    What’s the recommendation based off all the ones you bought?
    Im not a filter expert but.....
    The WIX filters are no longer produced so you probably cannot find them, but everything I read about them says they are really high quality filters.
    that Napa ProSelect filter I was not impressed with (size of pleats, cost of filter itself, etc) so I probably will not use that one.
    the MAHLE filters I would use since they are a German OEM brand
    The Purolator got good marks in that YouTube video above but it has the least amount of pleats so not sure.

Where did you get the mahle filter at, eBay?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Where did you get the mahle filter at, eBay?
    rock auto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12