- 2004 ZHP manual transmission w/ 95k miles
- Installed new battery one year ago and replaced alternator about five years ago

A few days ago, as I was slowing down to a traffic light, I noticed the car lurching and jerking forward a bit as if I were running out of gas. I was low on fuel but not that low and certainly nowhere near empty. After coming to a stop and once the light turned green, I tried taking off but the car stalled. I started the car up again and once again tried to take off, but the car stalled again. From here, the car did not start up again. I had to tow the car back home.

After getting home, I trickled charged my battery, which I thought was very low on juice. After fully charging, the car started up pronto. I hooked it up to a battery tester, and the battery is decently healthy at 80%.

Trying to troubleshoot here. If it were a bad battery, then it should not have stalled during my drive because my alternator should have provided the juice. If it were a bad alternator, I guess that would have been the cause, but I better test the alternator separately.

Any other ideas about the jerking forward and stalling and not starting up again? If it were a bad fuel pump, I don't know why it is starting again without issues after being towed home.

Could it possibly be related to the humming whining whirring noise I hear from my engine bay upon start-up? Here is a video with sound of that noise issue.

https://imgur.com/a/c89utW1

Would appreciate your thoughts!