Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That mixed with a firmware update should, hopefully, get rid of that for you
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Badclown, et al:

Thanks gents for the advice to replace the DISA parts. Turns out that the DISA flap/valve or whatever you call it was loose as a goose. No spring back or tension whatsoever. Using the first vacuum holding test, the flap was too loose and didn't snap open. I had to use the second method to test the vac (press in that arm into the vac pot and release) and mercifully the vac pot was still in good shape.

I do have a question for y'all. Take a look at my flapper right after I remove the DISA. This doesn't look normal or is it? Every YT vid I've seen, the flapper isn't covered in this much gunk.

The parts replacement was actually kind of fun and soothing. Felt good to fix it to normalcy using the GAS kit. Scraping out the old gasket was easy with a micro screwdriver that fit right into the gasket grove. I don't know how people do it with a pick Pics of it all installed (sans the o-ring) and cleaned up:

Taking her to work tomorrow and take the long route. Looking forward to seeing if it made a difference. Oh, the BMW USA customer service folks told me over email that I would have to go into a BMW dealership to check on the software version. Haha, I think I'll defer that visit for a while unless it's free.

EDIT ON 11/15: YAAAAAS! That annoying stumbling is gone! Drove to work this morning and found several stretches along the way to see if the slipping/stumbling was there. Nope, not at all. I'll have to do some freeway testing too, but so far so good. After handling the old DISA and how loose it was while twisting the flap in certain spots, I can imagine that the looseness was causing irregular and/or buffeting the air flow.

Serious win here, thanks y'all for steering me in the right direction.
    Last edited by TXRedDevil; 11-15-2023 at 06:39 AM.

Win!

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12