Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Light stumbling between 2-3K

Gents,

I have noticed that somewhere in the 2-3K range that there's some light hesitation / light stumbling when pressing on the accelerator. Not mashing it, but a little more pressure on the accelerator (i.e., passing a car). Feels a little jerky to put it in layman's term. Plugs were replaced at 74K, so maybe a fuel delivery issue? Any recommendations on what to check?

Were the DISA and/or VANOS replaced anytime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

San,

No to both. I plan on replacing the Vanos seals sometime in the next few months. I'll have to research what DISA is.

2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Fredo,

Thanks for the link. After a couple of pages of reading and I think I understand the options to the fix, but it doesn't seem that unplugging it has 100% solved it for everyone. I'm going to unplug it, but it seems that the safe thing to do is to rebuild it mainly to make sure that the pin doesn't fall out. Is my understanding correct? One thing that I didn't read though: if the BMW code fix renders the DISA inoperable by leaving the flap open, why not just remove the DISA?

Firmware up to date?
    Everybody loves Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    Firmware up to date?
    I actually don't know. Do I need to go to the dealership to find out and to perform there?

A rebuild of the DISA and making sure the car is running the most current firmware nearly always fixes this issue. Not guaranteed, but most have success with it.

My first ZHP needed both, my second (current) ZHP never had the stutter but I had the DISA done as preventative maintenance
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    A rebuild of the DISA and making sure the car is running the most current firmware nearly always fixes this issue. Not guaranteed, but most have success with it.
    My first ZHP needed both, my second (current) ZHP never had the stutter but I had the DISA done as preventative maintenance
    How do you know what firmware you have, what is the latest/most current & how do you update it? Thanks!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post

Great to know, thanks. I bought the German Auto rebuild kit (think you guys call it the GAS kit) and it'll be delivered some time next week. On another note, I unplugged the DISA harness but I can still feel a little bit of the stumbling slipping. I think the seat of my pants tells me it's a wee bit better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast