Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is this black pipe come from the engine called?

So just replaced a faulty main cooling fan, and then noticed the coolant was leaking somewhere (so no more coolant holding) and is coming from the area where this black 90 degree bent hard plastic pipe is coming out from the engine head that goes back towards the middle of the engine and is impossible to follow after that. Maybe it is the O-ring that is bad now or maybe the pipe is damaged but what is this pipe called if I need to get a new one? Sorry not sure how else to explain it, I hope it is clear.

I am looking here and there seems to be at least 2 of them, if at all?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/33...coolant%20pipe
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    So just replaced a faulty main cooling fan, and then noticed the coolant was leaking somewhere (so no more coolant holding) and is coming from the area where this black 90 degree bent hard plastic pipe is coming out from the engine head that goes back towards the middle of the engine and is impossible to follow after that. Maybe it is the O-ring that is bad now or maybe the pipe is damaged but what is this pipe called if I need to get a new one? Sorry not sure how else to explain it, I hope it is clear.

I am looking here and there seems to be at least 2 of them, if at all?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/33...coolant%20pipe
    I think you’re taking about the plastic pipes under the intake manifold. They’re likely leaking as they’re broken where they go into the engine (mine were when I replaced them back in July). You need to remove the intake manifold to get to those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I think you’re taking about the plastic pipes under the intake manifold. They’re likely leaking as they’re broken where they go into the engine (mine were when I replaced them back in July). You need to remove the intake manifold to get to those.
    Yes exactly.... which is the one, there are two listed that go into the engine and they do not look alike at all.... I think it's the one that looks more like the 90 degree bend, the Febi...

They all seem like the same part # but looks different, I want to make sure...
    If they are all truly the same I'll just get the
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...in-11537502525
    Hankook Ventus V12

Hankook Ventus V12

You need to remove the intake manifold to get to those.
    They can be replaced without removing the intake manifold but it's much easier with it out of the car. The two plastic pipes are part of the CCV system.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    Yes exactly.... which is the one, there are two listed that go into the engine and they do not look alike at all.... I think it's the one that looks more like the 90 degree bend, the Febi...

They all seem like the same part # but looks different, I want to make sure...
    If they are all truly the same I'll just get the
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...in-11537502525
    There are 2 plastic coolant pipes under the intake manifold. I would replace both once you have the intake off.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

There are 2 plastic coolant pipes under the intake manifold. I would replace both once you have the intake off.

Yep I'm planning on it, ordered both, shocked these aren't like $200, seems like a bargain

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Hankook Ventus V12

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    They can be replaced without removing the intake manifold but it's much easier with it out of the car. The two plastic pipes are part of the CCV system.
    Replace CCV without taking intake off? Yes.

Replace the plastic coolant line without taking the intake off? No

I was talking about the coolant pipes, so the intake manifold has to come off.
    The parts linked show the coolant lines, so I wasn’t considering the CCV.

Since you end up taking off the intake manifolds in order to access and replace the two hard plastic coolant piping, you might as well replace the OEM CCV system for new parts if you're keeping the OEM CCV setup. Do it while you have easy access to everything.

When replacing the hard plastic coolant pipes, don't be surprised it they break off where they mount into the engine. If this happens very carefully dig out the plastic parts that remain in the holes... take your time and don't rush.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Since you end up taking off the intake manifolds in order to access and replace the two hard plastic coolant piping, you might as well replace the OEM CCV system for new parts if you're keeping the OEM CCV setup. Do it while you have easy access to everything.

When replacing the hard plastic coolant pipes, don't be surprised it they break off where they mount into the engine. If this happens very carefully dig out the plastic parts that remain in the holes... take your time and don't rush.
    I know you not gonna like this answer but I already have the guy coming tomorrow and I need my car to get to work already, and it'll take another 2-5 days pending his and my schedule to wait for all the other CCV parts, so I will just have to live with replacing the 2 pipes, wish I knew 2 days ago, I would have just ordered it all, hopefully this will work out.

Thanks
    Hankook Ventus V12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast