Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ZHP with SMG

I'm skipping the SMG era. and looking forward to the DCT... Now that is a proper automatic manual transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    Test drove a 325 with SMG before I pulled the trigger on my car. I wasn't impressed, especially coming from my M3 SMG. If I were to do it, I would definitely swap in an M3 SMG, just make sure you get an SMG drive shaft as well.
    I think it would be a huge project to change a 325 SMG system over to the M3 SMG system, they are completely different in every aspect (brand, transmissions, controls, etc)

When I get time I will post a write up on converting a SMG trans to 6spd manual. I did this on a manual M3 but figure the info might be of use to someone down the road and possibly anyone interested in putting a M3 transmission into their ZHP for some reason. (cheap replacement etc)
    Last edited by 95m3ltw; 04-24-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 95m3ltw View Post
    I think it would be a huge project to change a 325 SMG system over to the M3 SMG system, they are completely different in every aspect (brand, transmissions, controls, etc)

When I get time I will post a write on converting a SMG trans to 6spd manual. I did this on a manual M3 but figure the info might be of use to someone down the road and possibly anyone interested in putting a M3 transmission into their ZHP for some reason. (cheap replacement etc)
    That would be great -- and much appreciated.

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123