Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Possible new BMW 330 ZHP owner

Hello all,
    I am seriously considering a 2006 ZHP Coupe, the one in Denver that was listed by a member. The car is a manual and has 65,000 miles. I've been looking at the forums and have noted the Vanos noise and Sub frame issue. Do you guys have any other items I should look out for?

I should probably add that I have not owned a BMW before and I'm coming from a 04 SVT Focus EAP.

TIA

Coolant system overhaul, ensure it has Al HIDs and not ZKW. Just ask for all the maintenance records. Welcome to the family...

Read up here....

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php?title=BMW_E46
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

If it's a coupe it won't have ZKW headlights.
    - Derek

And I would not worry about the subframe issue on a 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    ensure it has Al HIDs and not ZKW.

What's the difference and how can I tell what I have?
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

The zkw HIDs will say "zkw" if you take the front lense off.

The Al lights you can see by popping the hood.

Odds are if you can't see Al......you will have zkw...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks for the info. I just ran a VIN check on that car in Denver. Unfortunately it was in an accident that resulted in unibody damage...my search continues.

The search continues. And there will be yet another one.

Yep. Keep looking. Something sweet will pop up.
    -ADAM

Yeah, they pop up all over. You can save a search on ebay that notifies you when one pops up with ZHP in the title.

Good luck. Check the E46 wiki for details on what to look out for.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t